Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Souleymane leaves UC Program - Wants More Playing Time

Souleymane leaves UC Program - Wants More Playing Time

Story

In addition to potentially losing two prized recruits for next season, Huggins loses a 6'9" guy who had some good potential to be a rotation player under the basket.

Sorry to see him go, he had some impressive moments in his mop-up PT last season I thought.

The UC basketball program is becoming woefully predictable, if not comical. I guess I'm one of the few long-time UC fans though who has had enough of Huggins' antics, which I know isn't a popular opinion amongst other UC fans here or anywhere else, but, just how I feel.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Souleymane leaves UC Program - Wants More Playing Time

I don't see how this reflects poorly on Huggins. Guys transfer in and out of Division I basketball programs all the time for all kinds of reasons. Heck, the 2004 Bearcats featured a couple of guys who transferred in from other DI schools (James White - Florida, Nick Williams - Kansas State). Does that mean those schools are 'tainted' because White/Williams decided to leave?

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to question the Huggins regime ... this ain't one of 'em.

He shoulda stuck around, as thin as things are gonna be for us this year he would probably got all the playing time he wanted.

Steve,
    Nick Williams came from JC. He transferred from Kansas State to JC. He then was re-recruited from the JC ranks by Huggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    Steve,
    Nick Williams came from JC. He transferred from Kansas State to JC. He then was re-recruited from the JC ranks by Huggins.
    Nonetheless, he still transferred away from K-State. Does that make them a 'bad' or 'renegade' program?

If Souleymane were to see any meaningful minutes this year, it would have meant UC was in pretty dire straits. When he was first recruited, the UC coaches stated publicly that he was 3 years away from being a productive bench player.

IMO this doesn't change things. As much as I love UC hoops, the realist in me says a 17-15 record will be an accomplishment. I hope I'm proven wrong.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Story

In addition to potentially losing two prized recruits for next season, Huggins loses a 6'9" guy who had some good potential to be a rotation player under the basket.

Sorry to see him go, he had some impressive moments in his mop-up PT last season I thought.

The UC basketball program is becoming woefully predictable, if not comical. I guess I'm one of the few long-time UC fans though who has had enough of Huggins' antics, which I know isn't a popular opinion amongst other UC fans here or anywhere else, but, just how I feel.
    This puts Bob Huggins under a negative light...how??

Turn Off Ads?