Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn on the bench for tonight's game -- defacto game thread

Dunn on the bench for tonight's game -- defacto game thread

Kelly time
    Kenny Kelly makes his first big-league start tonight. He's playing left with Dunn getting a day off. Felipe is back up to second in the order and Randa is batting fifth. Casey's back, as well.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Ridiculous. Dunn homered and doubled last night, and gets rewarded by getting a day off. Miley has got to go.

Dunn has doubled and walked in 3 plate appearances vs Ramirez.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn on the bench for tonight's game

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Ridiculous. Dunn homered and doubled last night, and gets rewarded by getting a day off. Miley has got to go.

Dunn has doubled and walked in 3 plate appearances vs Ramirez.
    Well you wouldn't want your players to get in a rhythm or anything. Good to keep them unbalanced and on their toes.

Miley is one strange dude, very Boonesque.. without the vocabulary. Dunn had a nice night last night and he's been pretty hot the last week.

.318/.464/.636/1.101

So he gets the blow against a guy he has a double and a BB against in 3 ab's.

On a friday night home game too.... that will draw the fans eh?

Dave Miley frantically yanking the switches like Casey Jones on the final strech.

One thing about season like this is that they are an interesting study in everything from character study to an examination of what exactly the teams philosphy is.

The Reds were built with the post strike offensive boom in mind (park, player types) and now they have a manager who wishes for Willie McGee, Terry Pendleton and Vince Coleman on the field.

Miley is managing exactly like I thought Oester would... just with his mouth closed.

The good thing is that Lopez is back in the 2 hole were he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    That'll change Saturday. I think Miley puts Lopez 7th thinking he's giving Dunn protection down there. Lopez does provide protection but if he's going with that philosophy, I'd rather see Dunn 4th and Lopez 5th, since there's no way on Earth he'd go Dunn 2nd and Lopez 3rd.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Well you wouldn't want your players to get in a rhythm or anything. Good to keep them unbalanced and on their toes.
    My thought exactly! And it makes absolutely no sense.

Seems he does this a lot. Someone has a hot night and he benches him the next day... the first one that comes to mind is LaRue, but I know this same "approach" has been used with others.

I swear, sometimes I don't think DM wants to win. Either that, or he really is just stupid. This is the Braves after all, not Tampa Bay. If you're smart, don't you field your best team?

I just don't get it. I think I've said these five words a hundred times already this season... and I don't like them. I need a new schtick... if only Miley could help me out here.

BTW, anyone ever notice how Albert Pujoles NEVER gets a day of rest? He's on one of my fantasy teams so I notice.

Take a lesson DM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I assume you mean Luis?

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Miley is one strange dude, very Boonesque.. without the vocabulary. Dunn had a nice night last night and he's been pretty hot the last week.

.318/.464/.636/1.101

So he gets the blow against a guy he has a double and a BB against in 3 ab's.

On a friday night home game too.... that will draw the fans eh?

Dave Miley frantically yanking the switches like Casey Jones on the final strech.

One thing about season like this is that they are an interesting study in everything from character study to an examination of what exactly the teams philosphy is.

The Reds were built with the post strike offensive boom in mind (park, player types) and now they have a manager who wishes for Willie McGee, Terry Pendleton and Vince Coleman on the field.

Miley is managing exactly like I thought Oester would... just with his mouth closed.
    This is a great, very sad-but-true post. My God! Someone please do something to stop the insanity.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Re: Dunn on the bench for tonight's game -- defacto game thread

I don't understand why you rest Dunn on a Friday night home game vs. the Braves, especially when the weather is perfect? I was thinking of going tonight for kicks, but forget it now, just one more reason "not" to go.

Does Miley enjoy losing games?

So, so tired of this nonsense.

excellent way to extend a losing streak. Maybe they are expecting a high turnout of Braves fans and want to keep 'em happy so they will come back on Saturday.

Somehow, when I heard yesterday that Kelly would start tonight, it never crossed my mind that it would be in place of Dunn. Griffey, maybe ... Pena, okay. But Dunn?

Whatever.

Really I mean it. MAKE THE BAD MEN GO AWAY.

RL, just for you, I'l calling in the B52's. And I don't mean the band from the 80's.

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I know people are sick of hearing it...but it is a lefty and Dunn isn't exactly potent against lefties....

I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Really I mean it. MAKE THE BAD MEN GO AWAY.

RL, just for you, I'l calling in the B52's. And I don't mean the band from the 80's.

Somebody has to do it. I appreciate your stepping forward. The whole country will owe you a great deal of gratitude if this mission is successful.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I know people are sick of hearing it...but it is a lefty and Dunn isn't exactly potent against lefties....
    The same can be said for Horacio Ramirez.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?