Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate to say it, but it's time for Dunn to go.

I hate to say it, but it's time for Dunn to go.

I know this post is NOT going to be very popular, but it's the truth.

Let's look at the big picture.

1) The Reds have four outfielders that are everyday players.

2) Of those four outfielder, Dunn will bring the most in any trade and the reds are desperate for some young talent.

3) Dunn will make close to $9 Million dollars next season, that money could go along way next year to fix some of the Reds many problems.

4) There are currently many Big Market teams still in the race, which I believe drive up the demand for Dunn, a nice bidding war may break out.

5) The longer we hold on to Dunn the Less value I believe he will have. Right nw a team would retain his rights for a couple of more years, and he is also at a reasonable salary, the higher that goes means fewer and fewer and teams will be able to swing a trade for him.

I would to love to hold on to Dunn, but I just don't see it happening, It's looking more and more lie he is going to jump ship the fiest chance he gets.

The time is now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I hate to say it, but it's time for Dunn to go.

I'll say it now. If we trade Dunn BEFORE we trade Sean Casey, I'm done as a Reds fan.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RL I'd agree if I thought Casey had any trade value, I don't think he does..not for what he's making and about to make next year..we're stuck with him.
    Go Gators!

Wily Mo Pena plays outfield?
    School's out. What did you expect?

I'm with RL on this one. If Dunn goes before Casey I'll be one upset boy.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Trade him for a couple of prospects.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    RL I'd agree if I thought Casey had any trade value, I don't think he does..not for what he's making and about to make next year..we're stuck with him.
    Atleast stuck with him til thetrading deadline next year, then he is either bubye or gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I'll say it now. If we trade Dunn BEFORE we trade Sean Casey, I'm done as a Reds fan.
    Ditto.

I think all of you are full of hot air...trading Dunn is not as bad as trading Frank Robinson or letting Joe Morgan go or Tony Perez.

If the Reds trade him away I will be disapointed but saying you're "DUNN" being a Reds fan? is a bit much.

We need a FO to drag it's head out of it's hind area, true. But lets face it...in the modern economy of baseball there are three class of team in MLB.

1) PRIME TIME ( NY, LA, ATL, STL, CHICAGO)

2) HUSTLERS (HOU, SEA, PHI, FL, AZ, SF)

3) EVERYBODY ELSE

and we are everybody else...there will be a few teams from this category that make a splash every once in a while and it will require a veery savy GM to stay ahead of the curve and one who knows how to draft...by all evidence if this is the future of MLB...WALK NOW...IT WILL NOT BE ANY BETTER WITH OR WITHOUT DUNN.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I think all of you are full of hot air...trading Dunn is not as bad as trading Frank Robinson or letting Joe Morgan go or Tony Perez.

If the Reds trade him away I will be disapointed but saying you're "DUNN" being a Reds fan? is a bit much.
    But in this day and age of NO BIG RED MACHINE (why does everyone live in the past?), it IS a big deal.

The Reds are already done this year, so why trade Adam Dunn?

If this happens, I will continue to be a Reds fan, but will seriously continue to hate the management (mis-management) of this team, and it will be a long time before I attend another game. I know that won't make or break the Reds' bank, but hopefully there will be other more-than-casual fans that feel the same way.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Does anyone trust Dan O'Brien to get a solid return for Adam Dunn?

That should really start and finish conversations on this topic.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Does anyone trust Dan O'Brien to get a solid return for Adam Dunn?

That should really start and finish conversations on this topic.
    I certainly don't. No way do I want DanO to even attempt to trade Dunn. He'd get fleeced in a big way.

I'm not saying that DO will trade him or when he does people will be happy about it. I also think that no matter who DO gets in return for Dunn, some people on here will feel the Reds were robbed. Dunn has alost reached god-like status on this board(that's another topic).

I guess the point of my post is, unless we are going to sign Dunn to a long term contract(not going to happen) this summer is the best time to trade dunn.

Trading Adam Dunn is ....well for lack of a better word.. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!

Im really tired of the "Trade Dunn" Posts.

The only way trading him is worth our while....for future purpose's... is IF.... and its a big IF.. We get someone's ACE STARTING PITCHER, whom is around 26-29 years old.

Now...tell me one team that will make that deal, and i'll so you the one and only trade possiblity where we get what we deserve for Dunn. Otherwise, Please, QUIT trying to trade the FUTURE of our team, and any hopes we have at being in the playoffs in the next 4 seasons "LOL".
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

I like both of them (Casey and Dunn), but if OB packaged them up a the end of the month and was able to bring in a real pitcher, I swear I'd skip to work backwards and kiss the butt of every dog I met on the way.

That's a promise I don't fear making one bit.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?