Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I hear they're getting back together and making another album.
    Cool...

Spoon - Gimmi Fiction

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah coming to Newport in April ...

!!

They call me "chef"

Mum - Finally We Are No One
    Beck - Midnite Vultures

Megadeth-The World Needs A Hero
    Johnny Cash-American IV: The Man Comes Around
    Bob Dylan-custom CD
    Tom Petty-Damn the Torpedos
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

For a Level Playing Field

I've had Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime" in the car CD player for the last two weeks. A real classic IMO.

Todd Snider "That Was Me" - which is essentially remixed greatest hits from his earliest 4 offerings. Still cool even though I have the original CD's.

RFA66- I was really into Queensryche's "The Warning" my freshman year of college. Quite a "wordy" album (yes, I had it on vinyl!) - most of the lyrics still occupy some portion of my brain and resurface from time to time. But I liked Operation Mindcrime also - I think it was really only the 2nd or 3rd concept album I had ever known at the time, and it was pretty good. I'll have to give it a listen again.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    I was really into Queensryche's "The Warning" my freshman year of college.
    Take Hold of the Flame was the first song that I heard by QR, bucksfan. I immediately went out and bought the album (yes, vinyl for me too).... a used album at an Ohio U. second-time-around basement record store. I still have it!

QR definitely has a lot of substance to their lyrics. They are currently recording Operation Mindcrime II. Ronnie James Dio is a guest vocalist on the new album (singing the part of Dr. X, if you remember the storyline to Oper. Mind.). I look forward to its release, but will not expect it to be better than Operation Mindcrime I. That would be hard to match IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Take Hold of the Flame was the first song that I heard by QR, bucksfan. I immediately went out and bought the album (yes, vinyl for me too).... a used album at an Ohio U. second-time-around basement record store. I still have it!

QR definitely has a lot of substance to their lyrics. They are currently recording Operation Mindcrime II. Ronnie James Dio is a guest vocalist on the new album (singing the part of Dr. X, if you remember the storyline to Oper. Mind.). I look forward to its release, but will not expect it to be better than Operation Mindcrime I. That would be hard to match IMO!
    I still have my album too - bought I believe at Singing Dog Records on High Street. Thanks for the head's up on the new QR album. Admittedly I do not listen as much to that "genre" of music any more, but I still enjoy it. It will be intersting to hear RJD's role.

On a related note, I thought my beloved turntable had died the other day. Evidently my mom, who had been watching our 4 yr old daughter, had decided to try to play a record for her. Why she tried to do that, after all these years ( I have had the thing since 1987), I do not know when we have CDs, DVDs, VHS, etc that my mom CAN operate! But she tried her hand at my linear tracking turntable, which is not at all difficult unless you have some problems. She must have had some problems, because when I got home from work I could not get the needle to set down on the record. Then after much finagling (sp?) with my auto/manual and sensitivity setting switches, I got it to play. I never brought it up to her, but I just asked our daughter not to have Gramma play records anymore!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Frank Black - Teenager of the year
    School's out. What did you expect?

The Dream Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The Dream Syndicate
    Steve Wynn's solo stuff is pretty good too.........

WILCO -Being there

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000
    WILCO -Being there
    A classic. One of the last great double albums IMO. My neighbor has it on LP on when you listen to the 4 sides separately, they are really cohesive in a way that we've lost IMO since the onset of the CD.

Todd Rundgren's greatest hits....... "Hello It's Me"..among others.

Bob Welch.. "Ebony Eyes" good power pop song, IMO.

The Charlatans UK (spelled right?)

Obscure stuff like this always gets my attention.

Sandy Koufax, A Lefty's Legacy by Jane Leavy as read by Charley Steiner.

First time I've went the book on tape route for decades. A guy I work with loaned it to me.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?