Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Andrew Bird, all of The Swimming Hour at the moment.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm going to be listening to Yo la Tengo live in about 3 hours.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

XM channel 71. Smooth jazz is just what the doctor ordered after driving back from Indy in a driving rain.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm going to be listening to Yo la Tengo live in about 3 hours.
    I like the new release - two great jams to open and close the set. But then I have liked all their albums since their work with Hal Hartley and May I sing with me? It should be a great show.

Devo--New Traditionalists
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

Tom McRae - It Ain't You

This guy is extraordinary, one of the best songwriters on the planet. He truly does not write like anybody else, and yet his songs have a great sound musical foundation...but most of all, he's otherworldly live. I have cried both times I have seen him. He's currently doing a small tour in just New York, Boston and Philly, little club dates, and I beg you, if you live in any of those cities, please go to see him. It will delight and inspire you. He's just one of THOSE performers.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I like the new release - two great jams to open and close the set. But then I have liked all their albums since their work with Hal Hartley and May I sing with me? It should be a great show.
    it was a fabulous show.

they even did a cover of the stone's "rocks off" with james singing mick's part.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    it was a fabulous show.

they even did a cover of the stone's "rocks off" with james singing mick's part.
    Saw them last year in St. Louis--the acoustics in the venue sucked, but they still kicked ass.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Saw them last year in St. Louis--the acoustics in the venue sucked, but they still kicked ass.
    here's a little bit of fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stiZZZu7bQo

Mostly random on my ipod.

But I have been drawn to Elton John with songs like Benny and The Jets, Levon, All the Young Girls love Alice, etc.

Also Aerosmith from Draw the Line album. Especially Hand that Feeds, Kings and Queens and Sight for Sore Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Mostly random on my ipod.

But I have been drawn to Elton John with songs like Benny and The Jets, Levon, All the Young Girls love Alice, etc.

Also Aerosmith from Draw the Line album. Especially Hand that Feeds, Kings and Queens and Sight for Sore Eyes.
    Some good stuff--I've been diggin the hell out of some "Rocks" and Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies."

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Some good stuff--I've been diggin the hell out of some "Rocks" and Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies."
    I've really fallen for songs like BDB, Is it My Body and especially Welcome to my Nightmare. I don't know how I missed Alice when I was younger but I'm digging him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I've really fallen for songs like BDB, Is it My Body and especially Welcome to my Nightmare. I don't know how I missed Alice when I was younger but I'm digging him now.
    I have no idea why I turned my nose up at Alice Cooper when I was younger, but I did; however, it has been a brilliant re-discovery. The original Alice Cooper band and "Get Your Wings," "Toys in the Attic," and "Rocks" era Aerosmith are truly some of the greatest pop material you're going to hear. Tight, quirky arrangements that know when to kick ass when they have to.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I recommend Alice's new DVD if only for the opportunity to see his smoking hot daughter lop his head off during the show. The rest is pretty good also.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?