Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Many of those bands sound like little kids imitating Cookie Monster. Punk is fine if it's from the heart. When you start affecting a Muppet voice or a cockney accent, you're just a poseur.
    The ones I dislike are the ones who scream like teenage girls in horror films.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The ones I dislike are the ones who scream like teenage girls in horror films.
    I can stomach that, if it fits the song. But the faux-guttural rage thing just makes me laugh.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I think the White Stripes are grossly overrated as a rock band
    Indeed they are. I've found nothing about them to captivate me or catch my attention.

And, goodness, I've got more rhythm falling down the stairs than Meg does behind the drum kit. Yeesh.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    I hear the new Nat King Cole is splendid.
    I just downloaded the new Burrell Ives single. It's pretty mind blowing. He's got a guy in his orchestra who plays a double-neck viola.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Indeed they are. I've found nothing about them to captivate me or catch my attention.

And, goodness, I've got more rhythm falling down the stairs than Meg does behind the drum kit. Yeesh.
    A recent Onion headline: Meg White Maintains Steady Beat for 23 Minute Drum Solo
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    A recent Onion headline: Meg White Maintains Steady Beat for 23 Minute Drum Solo
    That's currently doing time on my refridgerator.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    For about the 100th time during this thread, the thought "I have no idea who they're talking about" just crossed my mind.
    You are not alone.

Fortunatley lots of the folks on this thread seem to like the off-beat bands simply because they find them enjoyable and the music resonates with them.

It's the folks who refuse to like anything that is on the radio and/or the billboard charts simply because they are on the radio and/or billboard charts that drive me nuts. What condesnding snobs. If a song has a grove and it hits you then who gives a rip whether it's commerical, a TV jingle or something played on muzak?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 06-26-2007 at 07:53 AM.

For a Level Playing Field

Currently in my car CD player is Judas Priest "Unleashed in the East". With classics like Exciter, The Green Manalishi, Diamonds and Rust, Victim of Changes and The Sinner.

I'd take a guess that less than a dozen RZ members have this one (or care to have it!).

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Currently in my car CD player is Judas Priest "Unleashed in the East". With classics like Exciter, The Green Manalishi, Diamonds and Rust, Victim of Changes and The Sinner.

I'd take a guess that less than a dozen RZ members have this one (or care to have it!).
    I don't have Unleashed in the East, but I do have Turbo Lover and British Steel. Does that count?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post

I have Green Manalishi on my ipod, along with the hits like Turbo Lover, Living after Midnight, Breaking the Law, Electric Eye, Love Bites, etc.

) s (

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Fortunatley lots of the folks on this thread seem to like the off-beat bands simply because they find them enjoyable and the music resonates with them
    tell me about it!

I have Green Manalishi on my ipod
    This might help to take it off!

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don't have Unleashed in the East, but I do have Turbo Lover and British Steel. Does that count?
    As long as you are not Breaking The Law or Out in the Cold, FCB.

Love Bites
    In the dead of night...

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    British Steel rocks.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    British Steel rocks.
    As does Hell Bent for Leather. I have nearly all of their albums on vinyl. I'm just too cheap/lazy to upgrade them to digital (besides my two favorites).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?