Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Yeah, tastes differ.

I also dislike The Clash.
    The Clash is my favorite band of their era.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think they do a bad or even mediocre version of any song. Those guys rock.
    Yea, I just discovered them reciently. Very much into them right now. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It appears that SunDeck has the funk.
    My musical knowledge is severely underdeveloped. It might be safer to say I'm discovering my inner funk.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Clash is my favorite band of their era.
    Yeah, I find The Clash a pretty tough band to dislike.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'm with ya'. I love The Clash, my wife on the other had can't stand anything by them except Train In Vain.

The Clash changed my view of music. Think about it- Delhi, late 70's. What was on the radio? What was available at music stores? The whole punk era of the 60's and 70's occurred off my radar screen until my brother brought this home:

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

They just don't resonate with me. Neither does Led Zeppelin.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

They just don't resonate with me. Neither does Led Zeppelin.
    I don't hold it against you.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I heard a lot of buzz about both bands, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by each.
    Couldn't agree more. When the Shins were first getting big (3-4 years ago), a friend of mine put their CD in my car stereo during a drive. The whole thing passed right on by me with barely a whimper. Nothing stood out.

Spoon is a band I've just never "got". I had a friend who was hugely into them, and would play them constantly. Alas, repetition does not a good band make--and I've since placed both bands into the "meh" file.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I asked the guitarist of Bishop Allen, Christian, who his biggest guitar influence is, and he said Joey Santiago. By the way, Bishop Allen is coming to Dayton on August 11th. They are a great band (possibly my favorite), so if anyone wants to carpool, let me know.

Sorry, I just had to laugh when I read this. Our band played with Bishop Allen back in May of 2003 at the Picnic Pub in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. It's such an out-of-the-way place that they might actually remember it. (They used to truck in a bunch of sand and dump it in the bar for a "beach party" every summer.)

I think "Charm School" was the name of the album (I have it, buried somewhere deep in a pile) they were touring behind, and unfortunately I thought it was the dictionary definition of mediocre. They were nice guys though.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Couldn't agree more. When the Shins were first getting big (3-4 years ago), a friend of mine put their CD in my car stereo during a drive. The whole thing passed right on by me with barely a whimper. Nothing stood out.

Spoon is a band I've just never "got". I had a friend who was hugely into them, and would play them constantly. Alas, repetition does not a good band make--and I've since placed both bands into the "meh" file.
    That's OK, everyone's got different tastes. That's pretty much how I feel about Crowded House and I know how much you and lots other people I think have pretty good taste in music feel about them. I just think they're incredibly wimpy to the point of making Paul Mccartney sound like he's rocking.

Actually I always liked "I got You" by Split Enz better than anything Crowded House ever did.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Driving around with my son and daughter yesterday, they played tunes off their iPods.

I heard Polyphonic Spree, Brian Jamestown Massacre, Dream Theatre, Daft Punk, and Interpol. Plus other stuff I don't recall. It was interesting.

For the record, I like the Clash and Led Zep.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Driving around with my son and daughter yesterday, they played tunes off their iPods.

I heard Polyphonic Spree, Brian Jamestown Massacre, Dream Theatre, Daft Punk, and Interpol. Plus other stuff I don't recall. It was interesting.

For the record, I like the Clash and Led Zep.
    BTW - it's the Brian Jonestown Massacre and I think it's really bizarre that they've got enough traction to even be on any kid in Ohio's radar. I saw them a couple of times in the late 90's and never thought they were going anywhere.

Color Me Badd in the house, yo!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm listening to the new Shins album which is such a fav around here.

Good morning album.

It's not exactly a rocker though, I'll readily admit that.

Turn Off Ads?