Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 6/18/05 Game thread

Re: 6/18/05 Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I think you're right Ochre, I think Dunn and Kearns and maybe even Pena get the same treatment, Bowden guys so they must be buried.
    Even? Kearns has gotten much better treatment than Pena would have without the contract. If Pena didn't have that contract stipulation........................

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Even? Kearns has gotten much better treatment than Pena would have without the contract. If Pena didn't have that contract stipulation........................
    pena has had trouble convincing people he would not embarrass the team on defense at the major league level. The jury is still out on that one.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Julio Franco said in the postgame he knew to swing at the first pitch from Milton because he ALWAYS throws a fastball....

On the Braves Radio broadcast when Franco hit his second, the braves radio guy said, "And Father Time has found the Fountain of Youth on the banks of the Ohio River."

Edit: After reading some of the gamethread, I also think it sucks how much the FO hypes Machado. It's like, hey guys, you know we've got a pretty good shortstop right now. From what I've seen and heard, which honestly isn't a lot so I could be wrong, Machado's got nuthin.
    Last edited by Gainesville Red; 06-19-2005 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    Edit: After reading some of the gamethread, I also think it sucks how much the FO hypes Machado. It's like, hey guys, you know we've got a pretty good shortstop right now. From what I've seen and heard, which honestly isn't a lot so I could be wrong, Machado's got nuthin.
    Machado will likely be a better version of Castro but with better speed and some potential. He has a good glove and has better range. Machado has lots of speed and if he can get on base should be able to steal some bases.

His best skill is that he can walk. Unfortunatley he can't hit at all and has little power. If he can start hitting about 250-270 he should be a pretty solid backup infielder.

Off topic--They should change the name of Reds Live to "Dunn bashing zone."
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-19-2005 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Off topic--They should change the name of Reds Live to "Dunn bashing zone."
    Yeah no kidding it's getting kind of ridiculous over there.

So I went to that train wreck last night. Silly me, I really thought they were going to win. Why? Cause things were different in the dugout before the game. Yeah I know, the game isn't played in the dugout. But the past few games I have been to the pregame dugout more resembled a morgue. Last night guys were high fiving and hugging (guess who) and they looked really pumped up. Jr came up behind Freel and bear hugged him and lifted him off the ground. Sean hugged everyone. WMP was hugging and butt slapping a few guys. Adam would throw pieces of ice at the bull pen guys as they started their walk across the field, then when they turned to look to see who had thrown it, he would point at whoever was standing near by. Larue gave some butt slaps (you know, the more I think about it, the more I wish I had been in the dugout). It just seemed like a group of guys who were ready to go out and win.

Of course then they went out and left RISP innings 2 - 9.

And Milton. Ugh. How sad is it when he *only* gives up 3 HRs? He wears me out. Every AB is a struggle for him. He just labors through every pitch - as soon as he gives up a HR. Of course, that came early last night. I think he needs a sports psych. His mound presence really chages after that first ball flies out of the park.

Dunn's stance looks a bit more closed. Of couse it didn't help him much last night.

WMP is clueless in RF (and at the plate right now). His first movement off the ball is always wrong.

I watched A Jones in center for the Braves and just wanted to cry. That guy can cover some real estate and his first jump is always right.

Oh and for those who are interested - Jason has had his hair re-highlighted (frosted for Raisor).
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Most disheartening thing (as usual) is reading the post-game comments in the paper the next morning. Turns out Milton was just fine! 4 runs in 6 innings is swell!

What an improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Most disheartening thing (as usual) is reading the post-game comments in the paper the next morning. Turns out Milton was just fine! 4 runs in 6 innings is swell!

What an improvement!
    Het, they didn't lie, it lowerd his ERA.

Turn Off Ads?