Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Fired!

Re: Miley Fired!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    I'll be interested in seeing Narron's lineup cards. I also want to see if he has the nerve to remove Milton and/or Ortiz from the rotation.
    I've got this strange feeling that DanO will be managing this team more so than Narron. We'll see.

Maybe Dunn can get a start tonight.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    When is the puppetmaster going to go?
    I think it was the puppetmaster who gave the order to axe Miley and Gully, we can only hope that DanO is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    I hope this straightens the pitchers out. I wonder if narron will want Kearns called up.
    I believe this is more O'Brien's call than Narron's, and obviously, we know how O'Brien intends on addressing the issue....slowly.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Romans 10:9

From ESPN's Website:

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds have fired manager Dave Miley, replacing him on an interim basis with Jerry Narron.

The Reds, at 27-43 this season, are mired in last place in the NL Central at 18.7 games behind the St. Louis Cardinals. The club has struggled mightly on the road this season, going 6-24 away from Great American Ballpark.

Miley, who has managed Cincinnati since 2003, compiled a 125-164 record and was named Baseball America's Manager of the Year in 2004.

The Reds are in the midst of a three-game series at home against the Cardinals, dropping the first game Monday night 6-1. The second game in the set is Tuesday night.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

If things continue status quo now, then O'Brien goes. Remember, Miley wasn't his choice, Narron is one of his men. The rest of this season falls on Dan O'Brien.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Good start! But O'Brien should go at the end of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by fs43340
    What's wrong with right now? I'd rather have a competent GM making the deadline trades.

It's all on O'Brien now. He's got his man in as manager. If the Reds continue to spiral out of control he will be the next one gone,although it will be after the season.

doesnt change anything imo. we still have that idiot oboring running things and lindner is still the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    I'll be interested in seeing Narron's lineup cards. I also want to see if he has the nerve to remove Milton and/or Ortiz from the rotation.
    I would guess, at least with the pitchers, Ruhle will want to have some time to evaluate the talent (ok, that is debatable) he was given....

I hate to be happy when someone loses their job, but Miley has lost control of the club and gullett just wasnt getting any production out of the staff he was given, except for harang.....

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    It's all on O'Brien now. He's got his man in as manager. If the Reds continue to spiral out of control he will be the next one gone,although it will be after the season.
    Ruhle is one of O'Brien's hires as well. It is entirely an O'Brien regime now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by fs43340
    He won't be though. Partly because Miley and Gullett were not really his hires and by replacing them with his guys he will have gained a little more time on the job. I also expect you will see enough improvement in both Milton and Ortiz to justify Gulletts firing. Quite a few pitchers have come to Cincy in the last few years and performed below career norms and a few more have left only to improve when they went elsewhere.

So since Ruhle was there in '96 that means he was insturmental in developing what young pitcher for the Astro's...

Who Oswalt already in the system?

What is the direct effect he has on the pitchers there? Maybe that type thing will relate here.??
    Last edited by RedsFan75; 06-21-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Hope Narron can turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Hope Narron can turn it around.
    With the talent we have, if I was Narron, I wouldnt be out there buying a new house to celebrate....cant see him here past season's end...

Turn Off Ads?