Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Fired!

Freelin' it

Re: Miley Fired!

Best b-day present I could have asked for!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonRedsFan
    With the talent we have, if I was Narron, I wouldnt be out there buying a new house to celebrate....cant see him here past season's end...
    He'll probably stick around as long as DanO does. That said, hopefully DanO gets shown the door real soon.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    So since Ruhle was there in '96 that means he was insturmental in developing what young pitcher for the Astro's...

Who OsWald already in the system?

What is the direct effect he has on the pitchers there? Maybe that type thing will relate here.??
    DEVELOPED:
    Roy Oswalt
    Wade Miller

Scott Elarton was on his way toward being an impact starter before he blew out his arm. Ditto Carlos Hernandez, who messed up his shoulder sliding into second base.

He also presided over the best years of Mike Hampton, Jose Lima, Shane Reynolds, Daryl Kile and Billy Wagner.

Ya the guy i really wanted fired was Obrien.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    DEVELOPED:
    Roy Oswalt
    Wade Miller

Scott Elarton was on his way toward being an impact starter before he blew out his arm. Ditto Carlos Hernandez, who messed up his shoulder sliding into second base.

He also presided over the best years of Mike Hampton, Jose Lima, Shane Reynolds, Daryl Kile and Billy Wagner.
    Sounds promising, here's hoping he can turn the Reds around...

Personally I'm more excited about Ruhle taking over for Gullett than I am the Narron/Miley swap.

Romans 10:9

Jim Coombs is the man for both jobs. He could be the entire Cincinnati Reds - the only player and the only coach - kind of like Bugs Bunny.

bottom line....this move says, get ready for football season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    Personally I'm more excited about Ruhle taking over for Gullett than I am the Narron/Miley swap.
    Same here. Narron is likely to have little impact. Ruhle has the potential to have a real positive impact. We'll see.

We should Hire Ryan Wagners Pitching coach to replace rhule as the organizational pitching instructor. Wagner had spent the off season with him and had gotten his mechanics back. Then he lost it again. Maybe his college coach can help again.

FWIW, Narron had some really bad pitching in Texas as well

2001 Texas Rangers
    2002 Texas Rangers
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I think Narron's a better choice than Miley.....miley just was too laid back

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Narron had some success as manager in Tejas.... I hope Narron can construct a flippin lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    What's wrong with right now? I'd rather have a competent GM making the deadline trades.
    The Reds wouldn't get a good GM now during the season. Want Kulman again as a Interim GM? I don't! He would be worse than O'Brien. To get a good GM, you must find one during the off season and start completely fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Narron had some success as manager in Tejas.... I hope Narron can construct a flippin lineup.
    There isn't a manager alive that could win with the Reds current pitching. I just want to see if Narron has a clue, we will get an idea to see if the lineup is constructed any different this evening.

Mine would be(if Freel is back)
    Freel
    Dunn
    Lopez
    Jr
    Randa
    Casey
    Pena
    Valentin\Larue

if no Freel
    Lopez
    Dunn
    Randa
    Jr
    Pena
    Casey
    Larue
    Bergolla

Quote Originally Posted by Redny
    He won't be though. Partly because Miley and Gullett were not really his hires and by replacing them with his guys he will have gained a little more time on the job. I also expect you will see enough improvement in both Milton and Ortiz to justify Gulletts firing. Quite a few pitchers have come to Cincy in the last few years and performed below career norms and a few more have left only to improve when they went elsewhere.
    I think O'Brien will be gone. Naron won't change a thing. This team is in the tank and will stay there. They are a bunch of spoiled brats. This team and organization needs a major over haul. It can't be all done in season. Some major changes like a new GM can't be done until the off season. I think that they will hire a ''name'' manager like Lou to keep the fans interested and happy.

Turn Off Ads?