Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Miley Fired!

Re: Miley Fired!

I think when Ruhle left HOU was the year during the move into the new stadium for them. ERA went way up.....Lima went nuts trying to keep his ERA under 6.00. They have adjusted pretty good to that park haven't they?

Any new pitching philosophy is welcomed on this team.

I want to see how Narron does though with lineups.....and with his bench.
    No..playing everyone on the team to make everyone happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Dunn's reaction to Miley's firing..."Where's my chair? Did Miley take it with him???"

Narron is just Miley in a different uniform. This move had to be done. But it won't do a darn thing. This team is lost and will stay that way!

I'm hopinh Narron moves Dunn up to #3 and drops Casey down to 6 or 7.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

The major question in this whole situation has not been asked, and it's apparent to me that this board, as efficent and talented as it is, has not answered the most important question?

Who won the "Death Watch" thread?

(Hint - it's not me!)

:

Here are Dibble's picks for manager.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3707454

Here's an excerpt.

Here are my top candidates for the manager's job.

Ken Griffey Sr. is a proven winner who knows the game in and out. He was like a father figure to not just me, but to many others who played with him or against him. He would get instant respect in the clubhouse. Besides, who would keep Ken Griffey Jr. in line better than Ken Griffey Sr.? The elder Griffey could also bring back Reds traditions.

Barry Larkin. He has over 20 years in the organization, 19 of them in the show. He's bilingual, and as fundamentally sound player as you will ever find. A tough as nails competitor, no one can whip these guys into shape like Mr. Larkin. Plus it worked in Chicago with Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox, so why not here?

Lou Pinella. The last one to win a championship there, Pinella takes no prisoners, wants out of Tampa, and the owner there isn't going to let him coach in NY anyway. I love Lou, because he was the only person I know that hated losing more then me. Would be a great choice.

Larry Bowa. Larry got a raw deal in Philly, because those candya---- couldn't take his hard nose approach. He's a winner, he knows the fundamentals as well as anyone...That swing and miss crap wouldn't fly with him and he could bring some life back to a team that looks like they just lost their dog.

Kevin Kennedy. My partner on XM radio was the last manager to lead the Boston Red Sox to a division crown. I've learned more about the game in four months working with Kevin than from anyone I've ever met. He spent many years in the minor leagues as a player, manager and head of scouting, so he could rebuild the entire organization from the ground up. I doubt he would do it, because he loves working with me too much. Just kidding ...

WAGS

you can't bring in home grown managment. we already tryed this. the only time it worked was when rose managed.

It has to be Sr. or Lou!

I think the political structure was way off to succeed?

Lindener likes OB
    Allen likes Miley
    Allen is the villan according to the players.

I look for this team to put a real effort in on the field now and if Naron has even nominal success with this team look for him to be named THE MAN, OB to be safe and Allen to HIT THE BRICKS.

IT IS WRITTEN (I love saying that...big ego...okay...just funny)
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I'd like to see Larkin come in and manage. Heck, Dibble's right. Look at what Guillen's doing in Chicago!

(1) Davey Johnson
    (2) Lou
    (3) Larry Dierker

Thats who I want the Reds to go after, in that order. Saying that, expect Narron to be hired on a full-time basis sometime in September.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Here are my top candidates for the manager's job.
    Translation: Here are some names I recognize off the top of my head.

Ken Griffey Sr. is a proven winner who knows the game in and out. He was like a father figure to not just me, but to many others who played with him or against him. He would get instant respect in the clubhouse. Besides, who would keep Ken Griffey Jr. in line better than Ken Griffey Sr.? The elder Griffey could also bring back Reds traditions.
    Yeah. Ok. Great. So tell me, Dibs...can he actually MANAGE?

Barry Larkin. He has over 20 years in the organization, 19 of them in the show. He's bilingual, and as fundamentally sound player as you will ever find. A tough as nails competitor, no one can whip these guys into shape like Mr. Larkin. Plus it worked in Chicago with Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox, so why not here?
    Still not seeing anything about managerial skills...

Moving on...

Lou Pinella. The last one to win a championship there, Pinella takes no prisoners, wants out of Tampa, and the owner there isn't going to let him coach in NY anyway. I love Lou, because he was the only person I know that hated losing more then me. Would be a great choice.
    Ok. Lou can manage.

Larry Bowa. Larry got a raw deal in Philly, because those candya---- couldn't take his hard nose approach. He's a winner, he knows the fundamentals as well as anyone...That swing and miss crap wouldn't fly with him and he could bring some life back to a team that looks like they just lost their dog.
    Got a "raw deal" by alienating his entire roster. Swing and miss crap wouldn't fly with Bowa? I hear Jim Thome and Pat Burrell snickering in the background. Dibs often goes into outer space mode in an effort to "shock" people. I'll assume the Bowa reference is one of those times.

Kevin Kennedy. My partner on XM radio was the last manager to lead the Boston Red Sox to a division crown. I've learned more about the game in four months working with Kevin than from anyone I've ever met. He spent many years in the minor leagues as a player, manager and head of scouting, so he could rebuild the entire organization from the ground up. I doubt he would do it, because he loves working with me too much. Just kidding ...
    Dibs, rebuilding an organization from the ground up doesn't happen from the bench during games. That being said, we know one thing about Kevin Kennedy- he's used to managing ballclubs with bad pitching. So he'd fit right in here.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

what Puffy said.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

can someone please tell Dan that the pitching is the problem. It's not the "little things."
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Wow i hate listening to O'Brien talk. He speaks in a monotone voice and with boring words.

Turn Off Ads?