Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Miley Fired!

Re: Miley Fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    can someone please tell Dan that the pitching is the problem. It's not the "little things."
    We have a lot more problems than pitching. We havent hit well or fielded well.

He is addressing those things right now on the press conference, pitching, situational hitting etc...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh
    We have a lot more problems than pitching. We havent hit well or fielded well.

He is addressing those things right now on the press conference, pitching, situational hitting etc...
    the problem is the pitching. please tell me what's wrong with the 2nd best offense in the National League?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    the problem is the pitching. please tell me what's wrong with the 2nd best offense in the National League?
    HAHAHA

How bout 1/13 with runners in scoring position on saturday for example?

How bout sunday Rich aurilla leading off the inning with a triple and we don't score a run that inning...

Those are the little things we need to do. Put the ball in the outfield or atleast into play.

That's just flat out awful baseball.

Pitching is obviously our major problem but to say it's our only problem is flatout ignorant. This whole team is a mess.

The way I see it, O'Brien is now out of excuses. He has his guys on the field taking his direction. If the Reds don't make an amazing turn around, he may get half of next season to prove he belongs as a GM. Then we will see...

Miley made a lot of on field decisions that left the majority here scratching their head. Gullet has not proven to be the great pitching instructor he is reputed as. The facts just didn't support either staying here.

I wonder if we can get a 'fly on the wall' in the clubhouse tonight...

What is Narron's opening line?

"Good Evening, My name is Coach Narron and I know I haven't met many of you yet, but I plan on getting to it tonight after the game. Now, lets go out there and win one for Dan."
    Pennant or bust!

HAHAHA

How bout 1/13 with runners in scoring position on saturday for example?

How bout sunday Rich aurilla leading off the inning with a triple and we don't score a run that inning...

Those are the little things we need to do. Put the ball in the outfield or atleast into play.

That's just flat out awful baseball.

Pitching is obviously our major problem but to say it's our only problem is flatout ignorant. This whole team is a mess.
    ok.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Heard Narron say he would like to get someone up here to work with the OF's...guess he hasnt liked Dunn's and Pena's work out there.....

It will be interesting the first time he calls for extra bp or fielding and some dont show....

I say you pull the good ole HS baseball trick...

"Batting Practice Saturday morning is optional" Coach says

Monday, every kid not at batting practice isn't in the line up.

NO ONE on this team is playing well enough to not need some extra practice.

So, do the Reds win tonight or is Dunn still in the six hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Thats who I want the Reds to go after, in that order. Saying that, expect Narron to be hired on a full-time basis sometime in September.
    I expect it as soon as we have a 3 game winning streak.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    On baseball tonight they were talking about Dunn hitting in the 6 hole... and were talking about payroll. Comment along the line of the 6 hitter commanding 8+ mill after Arb... Kruck said something about should Dunn be in the 6 hole. and Gammons and Reynolds both said something along the lines of that's a complete other discussion we won't get into.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    I don't see how those are tied together. Afterall, it's the pitching ...

I say you pull the good ole HS baseball trick...

"Batting Practice Saturday morning is optional" Coach says

Monday, every kid not at batting practice isn't in the line up.

NO ONE on this team is playing well enough to not need some extra practice.
    The only hope is that none of the pitchers show up for BP and the Reds have to forfeit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    I don't see how those are tied together. Afterall, it's the pitching ...
    It does have effect on the players in terms of their respect for the coach and belief that they have a chance to win. It would also signal that changes will be afoot immediately and for the better. However, yes, pitching is the vast majority of the problem, though run production could be more consistant. Hopefully Rhule will make a difference, though I don't expect enough of a difference can be made by a pitching coach with this staff.

This is another front office copout.OB should be the 1st one gone.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Tonight's lineup, according to Marc Lancaster's blog.

Lopez SS
    Aurilia 2B
    Casey 1B
    Griffey CF
    Randa 3B
    Dunn LF
    Pena RF
    Valentin C
    Claussen P

Turn Off Ads?