Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Miley Fired!

Re: Miley Fired!

Quote Originally Posted by juniorfan91
    Great to hear that Miley and Gullett are gone. Probably won't make much of a difference now, but at least things are moving in the right direction. I've seen Narron's first lineup for tonight's game against the Cards, and I don't like it.

Dunn 6th? :thumbdown

Aurilla 2nd? :thumbdown

Casey 3rd? :thumbdown
    I think Dunn and Casey should be flipped...I don't mind Aurilla in the 2 spot...since he got back from the DL he has been hitting lights out and made some really solid defensive plays.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez
    Why all the excitement? Just change for the sake of change. It'll have as much impact as playing in knickers.
    KNICKERS!!!!! That's what we've been missing!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Tonight's lineup, according to Marc Lancaster's blog.

Lopez SS
    Aurilia 2B
    Casey 1B
    Griffey CF
    Randa 3B
    Dunn LF
    Pena RF
    Valentin C
    Claussen P
    Great to see Narron put his stamp on this team and show 'em whose boss by taking larue out the lineup......

This is just my opinion but if I have to watch the Reds lose, I'd prefer to see some younger players in the process. Nothing against RA personally but I'd rather see Bergolla get some starts at 2B with Freel hurt. Unless they are showcasing RA for a potential trade...

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I think Dunn and Casey should be flipped...I don't mind Aurilla in the 2 spot...since he got back from the DL he has been hitting lights out and made some really solid defensive plays.
    True. I'd like to see Dunn in the 3 or 4 slot and I'd really like to see Casey in the 6 slot.

Casey has NO business batting higher than 6th in this lineup with Lopez, Dunn, Randa, Griffey and Freel around.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Casey has NO business batting higher than 6th in this lineup with Lopez, Dunn, Randa, Griffey and Freel around.
    Don't you know? Only our power guys bat lower than the five hole.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    Don't you know? Only our power guys bat lower than the five hole.
    And the guys who make the fewest outs.

progess won't be made until they fire the one who put this team together. this move does absolutely nothing.

Not that I agree or disagree with the firing of Miley and Gullet, however, I am sad to see anyone lose there job. IMHO no one should be HAPPY about such things as this, as it only means the Reds have been a poor team. You can support the decsison, or not support it, that is anyones right and I agree he may have needed to be fired, but I am NEVER HAPPY to see anyone lose their JOB.

don't feel bad for Miley for being fired, he still gets paid next season, too!!

Sgtshafer

Bring on Larry Bowa.

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonRedsFan
    Great to see Narron put his stamp on this team and show 'em whose boss by taking larue out the lineup......
    Doesnt valentin normally catch for Claussen? i think they are battery mates weekly? So he didnt make a change at all

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh
    I say you pull the good ole HS baseball trick...

"Batting Practice Saturday morning is optional" Coach says

Monday, every kid not at batting practice isn't in the line up.

NO ONE on this team is playing well enough to not need some extra practice.
    This club has many problems.

Exra batting practice IMHO would be way down on a list of things to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by redram
    Not that I agree or disagree with the firing of Miley and Gullet, however, I am sad to see anyone lose there job. IMHO no one should be HAPPY about such things as this, as it only means the Reds have been a poor team. You can support the decsison, or not support it, that is anyones right and I agree he may have needed to be fired, but I am NEVER HAPPY to see anyone lose their JOB.
    I hear what you are saying, but I can't say that I feel the same way. It's bad that someone has to lose their job, but they would not have lost it, if they were doing it.

I will be very happy when Dan O'brien is given his walking papers. I think that going to the root of the problems is the best way.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?