Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Rich A-u-r-i-l-i-a

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: It's Rich A-u-r-i-l-i-a

How about just call him tool?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As long as Linder spells it right on the paycheck, who cares?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I've got to admit, this one bothers me too. I'm probably extra sensitive to it since I have a name that's short and not overly difficult, yet gets constantly garbled. I don't care about misspelled words so much since this isn't a grammar forum, but getting someone's name right is just a simple matter of respect. When Jimenez got DFA'ed, one of the first things I thought was "Well, at least I won't see his name getting butchered everyday any more."

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Best Casy scenario is that put on a pot of Coffee and sit down and talk about it. We should quit Beliesle-ing each other. Clausen the truth is...we're all Reds fans here.

Let him without sin cast the first Stoene. It Freeles good to get along. We don't all have to be such Machadoe men all the time.

Great response Max.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

As a former English major, the general quality of grammar and spelling on the internet really drives me up the wall, but I try to ignore a lot of it. Years ago, I used to pick apart a lot of what I saw, until I figured it didn't do a bit of good. One of my big pet peeves, though, is the use of the possessive instead of a plural. Example: "There are four team's left in the playoffs." I have plenty of others, but I will refrain from ranting about grammar on a baseball message board. I am getting much better at controlling my urges to correct everything.

I don't mind being corrected. I just hope I don't make the same mistake twice. I don't know why, but I get my wording jumbled up sometimes. I have to go back and edit.

I wasn't trying to crucify anyone or call anyone an idiot, but I never understood how one can look at the scoreboard, box score, etc. every day and not realize they continually incorrectly spell a player's name.

Also, point taken in that he shouldn't be on the team to begin with, and I agree, but at least he has been playing better since coming back from the DL (even if he's just trying to showcase his talents to contending ballclubs) and he makes less than many overpaid players of the past (ala Pokey Reese).

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Or this one

Webber

Its Weber....WEBER

Quote Originally Posted by Redskinalum02
    I wasn't trying to crucify anyone or call anyone an idiot, but I never understood how one can look at the scoreboard, box score, etc. every day and not realize they continually incorrectly spell a player's name.
    And you did such a good job of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Or this one

Webber

Its Weber....WEBER
    That one is easy. Just remember that Ben Weber is like the Weber grill company. Both get lit up on a regular basis and both have one "b" in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred
    That one is easy. Just remember that Ben Weber is like the Weber grill company. Both get lit up on a regular basis and both have one "b" in the name.
    Very good. I can remember that one.

ritch Arallea is my favoright Reds player
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

I agree most of the time spelling bothers me...I just don't call anyone out on it because most of the time it is my own spelling.

There is a reason God created spell check...me.

Sorry if I offend anyone by spelling names wrong...not that I don't care...just that I can't care.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

It does not bother me now.

What I would hate is to be a teacher now. With "internet lingo" running wild with kids, reading that garbage would be a nightmare.

I've seen Lindner (Linder) and Moseley (Mosely) messed up more here than Richie.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?