Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rockies, Kim agree to terms on one-year contract

Rockies, Kim agree to terms on one-year contract

Would have been nice to have Kim in the Cincinnati bullpen...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

DENVER (AP) -- Pitcher Byung-Hyun Kim stayed with the Colorado Rockies, agreeing Friday to a one-year contract.

Kim rejected salary arbitration on Dec. 19 and had until Sunday to re-sign. He is scheduled to take a physical next week before the contract is finalized.

Kim went 5-12 with a 4.86 ERA in 22 starts and 18 relief appearances last season. He allowed 42 earned runs in 84 innings at Coors Field, making his 4.50 ERA the fourth-lowest home ERA in franchise history for pitchers with at least 81 innings.

Colorado acquired the 26-year-old right-hander from the Boston Red Sox in a trade late in spring training.

Also Friday, the Rockies acquired infielder Josh Wilson from the Florida Marlins for a player to be named later or cash.

The 24-year-old Wilson went 1-for-10 in 11 games in his major league debut with Florida last season. He spent the rest of the season at Triple-A Albuquerque, where he batted .257 with 17 homers and 82 RBI, both career highs. He has batted .278 over seven minor league seasons.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rockies, Kim agree to terms on one-year contract

great sign by the Rockies. now if only they could clone him and Julian Tavarez.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I'm not sure what the financials of the deal are, but I hear it was a cheap one year deal. Incentives may be involved, I don't know.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm not sure what the financials of the deal are, but I hear it was a cheap one year deal. Incentives may be involved, I don't know.
    As of last week, I think the figure was $1.2MM. Quite economical in this market.

got alil captain in u?

this man has fell apart since he gave up that homerun in the world series

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    this man has fell apart since he gave up that homerun in the world series
    A 4.50 home ERA at Coors Field is nothing to sneeze at.

A classic case of being Reitsma'd

Managers love versatility, and see guys like Kim pulling double duty: starting and relieving. I say maximize his value, which is as a starter, get him 30 starts and find a guy for the pen.

Boston finally came to their senses when it came to Wakefield, though he is a different breed of pitcher.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

He is only 26 years old? For some reason I was thinking he was 32-33. I would have gave him a 2 year deal, maybe an option of a third, at about 2 mil a year. 4.86 (and 4.50 at Coors) ERA seems about average to me, although I'm not really sure what the league avg is. He would probably be our #3 behind Harang & Claussen, and in front of Williams. Thats not a bad rotation if you can plug in an ace at the top. Easier said than done though I guess.

But, IMO, the more average pitchers we have, the less way below average we become, which is a good way to start

Turn Off Ads?