Include the last 2 years and you'll see Dunn with better numbers
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6-22 vs Cardinals -- Dunn out of the 6 hole

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Not according to mlb.com for this year
    Randa .258/.315/.424
    Dunn .162/.278/.397
    big picture, bigger sample size. 450+ abs over the last 3 years including his poor performance so far (small sample size) this year.

Yeah...I guess I should be glad Dunn is even in the lineup. Miley most likely would have benched him. But Narron's first two lineups have did nothing to lead me to believe that Dunn will bat any higher than 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    In my book, the only position Aurilia should occupy is next to the cooler, or by the sunflower seeds.
    Yep, but Freel has a bum toe and RA has always hit LH's.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Yeah...I guess I should be glad Dunn is even in the lineup. Miley most likely would have benched him. But Narron's first two lineups have did nothing to lead me to believe that Dunn will bat any higher than 5th.
    Wait till Kelly/Freel are healthy or Romano is here..Dunn will again be benched vs lefties

I think Dan O has always been the lineup maker
    Last edited by KronoRed; 06-22-2005 at 12:18 PM.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    If the Reds win and he bats fifth I could care less myself.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I can't believe that everyone expects immediate gratification myself.
    Human nature. Miley posted bad lineups daily and was shown the door so the expectation was that some improvement in the thought process used to write out the lineup card would be shown.

Me? I've seen Narron's lineups so I really didn't expect anything to change. According to him, he's "old school" (which, IMHO, is an insult to "old school"). If you don't strike out a bunch and he thinks you can "handle" the bat, you'll hit at the top of the lineup. If you do, Narron will bury you. That's always been his M.O. and I sure as heck don't think that's ever going to change.

This Reds organization is motivation and obfuscation instead of innovation so it's normal to see a new permutation of intense fan frustration and hateration in this baseballery.

My personal thanks to Mary J. Blige for creating what is possibly the dumbest "word" in the current English speaking world. Much appreciated.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    big picture, bigger sample size. 450+ abs over the last 3 years including his poor performance so far (small sample size) this year.
    I understand the 3 year thing, which is an OPS advantage to Dunn of .846 to .820, which is basically a wash, but you said including this year, which simply isn't the case. Small sample size? Ok, but I can see why the one writing out the lineup has less confidence in Dunn. Against righties, I agree he should be higher in the order, preferably third for me. But hitting him low today, considering everything, is a reasonable conclusion, IMO
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

This is absolutely unacceptable. I have never been more frustrated with any sports team than I am with watching the Reds waste Adam Dunn. I honestly find myself rooting against them, in a perverse way, because I want this team to lose as much as possible so that the front office will either be fired or quit out of embarassment.
    Last edited by top6; 06-22-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Narron actually mentioned possibly moving Dunn to the 2 spot.

Narron also plans to keep a "hot" Aurilia near the top of the order. SOunded like RA is going to be in the lineup for awhile.

Jerry Narron just said on the pre-game show that he is trying to break up the lefties in the lineup and is even considering Adam Dunn in the No. 2 spot. He also said that he has confidence in RA, who will remain at the top of the order.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    This is absolutely unacceptable. I have never been more frustrated with any sports team than I am with watching the Reds waste Adam Dunn. I honestly find myself rooting against them, in a perverse way, because I want this team to lose as much as possible so that the front office will either be fired or quite out of embarassment.
    They will have to be fired. The people in the front office evidently cannot be embarassed.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I understand the 3 year thing, which is an OPS advantage to Dunn of .846 to .820, which is basically a wash, but you said including this year, which simply isn't the case. Small sample size? Ok, but I can see why the one writing out the lineup has less confidence in Dunn. Against righties, I agree he should be higher in the order, preferably third for me. But hitting him low today, considering everything, is a reasonable conclusion, IMO
    reasonable based on basically a month or so of slumping against lefties? That "wash" OPS difference includes the slumping period from this year. Its indicative of a flawed mindset that views strike outs as a special kind of out. Those who make outs the way "we" prefer (non-ks) can slump and not have their position in the order in jeopardy (Sean Casey through the years), while those that don't fit "the book" are jerked around like rag dolls in spite of evidence that they historically have been as good, or better.

maybe the question of the day for Milton/Ortiz should be "is their ERA going to go up or down"

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    Narron also plans to keep a "hot" Aurilia near the top of the order. Sounded like RA is going to be in the lineup for awhile.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?