Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If it wasn't for bad luck...

If it wasn't for bad luck...

I'd have no luck at all.

In two unrelated incidents, I got a hairline fracture in the top of my foot, and had my nose broken when I got hit in the face with a golf club yesterday. It's been a rough week, after being sick last Sunday-Tuesday, and now I'm moving this coming Saturday. Is anyone else's life like this, or just mine?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    One Man Army

Re: If it wasn't for bad luck...

I can't exactly compare to the bad stuff you've gone through lately. Sorry to hear that.

My own stuff has been more personal lately (although I've had this cough that won't go away for the past week). I just graduated from college along with a number of my friends. Most of them are moving away and it'll be awhile before I see them again. My friends back home are all either moving or getting jobs, so I won't get to see them nearly as often as I used to when I go back.

Adding onto that, I'm still going through a grueling law school admissions process that thankfully is coming to a close. I'm waitlisted at Iowa and Wisconsin and accepted at CWRU and Kent-Chicago. I'd rather go out and see what the world has to offer me than stay in Wisconsin or Chicago, so Iowa and CWRU are my top two choices. I don't know anyone in Cleveland and kinda know one person at Iowa. It's exciting...but it's also a bit daunting.

The closer I get to the real world, the farther I want to run from it, haha.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    In two unrelated incidents, I got a hairline fracture in the top of my foot, and had my nose broken when I got hit in the face with a golf club yesterday.
    Sorry to hear about this! I have to ask, sava... how did each incident happen? Hit in the face w/ a golf club!??!?! OUCH!

As Tesla used to sing... "It's gettin' better everyday!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Sorry to hear about this! I have to ask, sava... how did each incident happen? Hit in the face w/ a golf club!??!?! OUCH!

As Tesla used to sing... "It's gettin' better everyday!"
    Both happened at work. I banged my foot on a metal rod that was sticking out of a bed that I didn't see. I was moving forward to throw a blanket over the bed and ran my foot right into the rod.

My nose happened later in the day. I have a mentally handicapped gentleman that I work with who has poor gait and wears a gait belt. The requirement is that he needs to be held onto at all times while standing up. He asked to go out in the yard and hit golf balls with the new set his sister had just gotten him for his birthday last week. We'd never done this before, so I just assumed he was going to putt the ball, because I didn't know he had the strength to do otherwise. All I really remember right now was him preparing for his shot and then me on the ground. I never knew a nose could be so sore. I look like Owen Wilson now. I don't fault the guy, it really wasn't his fault, and he apologized a lot. I guess I should have really thought about this before I agreed to take him out in the yard to hit the golf ball.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Retired

Man, if you got hit in the face (full swing) with a golf club you are lucky that you've only got a broken nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Man, if you got hit in the face (full swing) with a golf club you are lucky that you've only got a broken nose.
    I think I'm lucky in that he didn't have enough strength to get off a great swing.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I look like Owen Wilson now.
    Dude, start going out with Vince Vaughn and crash some weddings!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Ouch Sava
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?