Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds SS History Post WW2

Re: Reds' shortstop tradition

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Some folks were discussing on the live board about Felipe possibly being the heir to the shortstop throne, or something along those lines. I was wondering if any other team has had a similar run at any position, not just shortstop, for the last 50 years. If you think about it, it's pretty impressive how the Reds have had so few people play that position over the last half century. Does anyone think another team could equal that, given the state of the game today and how rare it is for a player to stay with one team for that many years?
    Boston had a pretty good run with left fielders from Williams to Yaz to Rice and if you want to skip a few years in between, Manny Ramirez. The Yankees had Bill Dickey as a catcher then Yogi then Elston Howard and then Thurman Munson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    In case you or anyone else missed it, WOY made an excellent post about the SS position.
    I just read that. Good stuff. I was out of town for the weekend and didn't get on here at all.

Let's go ahead and merge these two threads...

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?