Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fantasy Football Keeper help

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Fantasy Football Keeper help

I know it's not football season but I have to make some decisions on who I am keeping in a league and to be perfectly honest fantasy football is just something for me to do until basketball and baseball season. So my knowledge is limited. All of my players are listed below, obviously I didn't win the league. I would appreciate any help from you die-hard FB fans. I get 3 keepers + 1 rookie (I guess that means I get to keep 1 rookie from last year's roster but I'm not sure which of these guys were rookies last year), settings are standard H2H

T. Green (KC - QB)
    J. Harrington (Det - QB)

M. Robinson (Min - WR)
    M. Harrison (Ind - WR)
    D. Mason (Ten - WR)
    A. Lelie (Den - WR)
    T. Houshmandzadeh (Cin - WR)
    R. Ferguson (GB - WR)

B. Westbrook (Phi - RB)
    F. Taylor (Jac - RB)
    L. Suggs (Cle - RB)
    D. Levens (Phi - RB)
    R. Anderson (Dal - RB)

B. Franks (GB - TE)
    C. Baker (NYJ - TE)

J. Carney (NO - K)
    K. Brown (Hou - K)

Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
    Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)

Obviously Harrison is one of my keepers but need help with the others and a rookie
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Football Keeper help

EEEeek. Not too many "keepers" on your roster. Do you "have" to keep 3? What happens if you don't, do you get better draft position, more picks?

If you HAD to keep 3, I'd keep:

Harrison
    T. Green
    F.Taylor

I'd normally keep all RB's, but I'm not big on Westbrook this year and Suggs could be crap. Mason going to BAL scares me on him.

Good luck.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Do you "have" to keep 3? What happens if you don't, do you get better draft position, more picks?
    Thanks RL. I really don't know the answer to these questions but I assume that I HAVE to keep 3. Yeah, it's ugly but believe it or not I didn't finish in last place, I was about 8th out of 12 and I was easily the least knowledgable about current NFL players.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Where is it football season??? Its JUNE freakin' 23rd!! My fantasy BASEBALL hasn't even hit the half-way mark yet......worry about Shawn Green not Trent Green....

:tongueincheek:

BTW - If I were you, i'd wait until training camp, see who get's hurt, then make some low level steals...works pretty well....

We aren't drafting, just selecting our keepers which I have to turn in by July 1st. BTW, Yahoo has already opened it's fantasy football for signup

I'm with Red Leader, if you don't have to keep 3, don't do it.

Assuming that you do:

M. Harrison
    F. Taylor
    B. Westbrook

I don't believe you have any rookies.

Figure out your keeper/draft rules, as it could greatly effect whether or not you should keep any of these guys. For instance, if you have to keep M. Harrison or you get a first round pick, well then you may be better dropping Harrison and picking up another running back.

IMHO, since you appear to be in this thing year to year, look to draft as many of the young, first round running backs as you can. Eventually 1 or 2 or all 3 of them will break out and be solid keepers next year & beyound. In fact by the looks of your team, I'd draft them a couple of rounds higher than they should go, just to try and strengthen your team for the years beyond. If you go this route, drop B. Westbrook and keep Trent Green

Additionally concentrate on a couple of unprotected wide outs enterring their 2-4the season. That is when wide outs tend to break out. Guys like Andre Johnson of Houston will most likely be left unprotected & could turn into definent keepers the season following.

$0.02

Lee Suggs may have been a rookie last year. I am not sure though.

I'd keep :

1. Harrison
    2. Westbrook
    3. Depending on how much defenses score in your league, either of Philly or Pitt would be a top notch defense. If defenses don't score many points then I'd have to go with Freddy Taylor.

boomersooner

Running backs are the key to fantasy football. I have won my division two of the last three years. Both times I have had running backs who "went off" on the rest of the league. Anyway, I suggest keeping to running backs. The really good ones are few and far between. If you cannot keep two, then keep T.J.Houshmandzadeh. He will be great this year as the #2 receiver for the Bengals.

Turn Off Ads?