Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dems Say Rove Should Apologize Or Resign

Re: Dems Say Rove Should Apologize Or Resign

Actually Kennedy didn't support it. He voted against it and thought it was sheer lunacy to give Bush the power to conduct a war without having to get congressional ratifaction.

Ted = Democrat with intact spine
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

See: The Office of Special Plans

and

I'm getting whiplash. Karl Rove says Democrats were for "therapy" and GAC says the Democrats were out for blood.
    Last edited by RBA; 06-24-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican

and

I'm getting whiplash. Karl Rove says Democrats were for "therapy" and GAC says the Democrats were out for blood.
    Maybe Rove should read GAC's post?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican

and

I could really care less what Karl Rove says. I just simply reminded some of the bold statements and rhetoric leveled by many within the high level Democratic leadership which is a matter of public record. Judge for yourselves. They stated alot more. I just gleaned some highlights from their various speeches and public comments. And compared to the accusations and rhetoric (especially Pelosi as of late) that they keep leveling at Bush - it shows their hypocrisy IMO.

They were just as "hawkish" as Bush was.

The fact is - they wanted to make sure they were gonna end up on the right side - and all for their own political expediency. M2 said it quite eloquently already IMO. They tried to be fence riders so that depending on which direction the effort went they could go either way. That's why I have never bought into any of their after-the-fact explanations for those comments after things started to bog down and not go as planned. It just doesn't line up with what they said.

The only one who showed any consistency throughout it all was Howard Dean. So I'll give him that (he needs some rep points right now )

I refuse to believe that these high ranking individuals, some who were on the Senate Intelligence Committee and various other agencies, were simply duped by a guy with such low SAT's, and who is considered a moron by so many, and that he fabricated, doctored, and filtered only that intelligence that he wanted them to see in order to make his case. Flimsy excuse/reasoning IMO. Even Joe Biden, who is a senior member on the Intelligence Committee, staunchly refuted those accusations when thye were flying, and showed accountability. I respected him for that.

But even if that was the case - then IMO, that shows me then that they are not qualified to lead this country (if they can be misled so easily).

And if the shoe had been on the other foot, the Repubs would have done the very same thing.

Both of these poltical parties are so corrupt (and so bought) that IMO, they could care less what is right for this country as a whole or the will of the people. It is all about power- acquiring it, and then holding onto it. And when a party is out of power (Repub or Dem), then it's all about what they can do to get it back, and at any cost. And it seems the favorite tactic of choice is obstructionism. And both parties are guilty of it. They can't concede, compromise, or give in on anything, regardless if it's right or beneficial for the country, if it somehow is gonna make the current party in power look good in the eyes of the American people.

We don't need to worry as much about another terrorist attack, as we do about we, as a nation, destroying ourselves from within.

The Red's organization are not the only ones who need a FO change.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-24-2005 at 08:33 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    Maybe Rove should read GAC's post?
    i can't speak for Karl since he has never once returned any of my emails

But maybe Karl sees them as one's who liked to throw out the tough talk/rhetoric (all for public display); but when it came to action - well that's another story.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

"Both of these poltical parties are so corrupt (and so bought) that IMO, they could care less what is right for this country as a whole or the will of the people. It is all about power- acquiring it, and then holding onto it. And when a party is out of power (Repub or Dem), then it's all about what they can do to get it back, and at any cost. And it seems the favorite tactic of choice is obstructionism. And both parties are guilty of it. They can't concede, compromise, or give in on anything, regardless if it's right or beneficial for the country, if it somehow is gonna make the current party in power look good in the eyes of the American people."

Ah yes, the nihilism argument. Everybody's hands are dirty so no one can do what's right, eh?

Bull. It ain't that easy. Everybody at some point caves to the whims of his/her constituency; to think otherwise is pie-in-the-sky idealism. But the reverse of idealism (and just as ill-guided) is out and out cynicism: it's ALL a power grab; no one has anyone's best interest in mind; everyone's corrupt and "bought."

You know what, I call baloney on both ends. I think in general our politicians vote their constituency's will. Sometimes politicians vote their own consciences, but mostly they vote the way their public wants them to vote. Which, frankly, is as it should be.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    But maybe Karl sees them as one's who liked to throw out the tough talk/rhetoric (all for public display); but when it came to action - well that's another story.
    You mean, when the intelligence failed to support the administration's reasoning for the war, the Democrats stopped supporting it? How dare they! Unpatriotic scum, they should be tarred, feathered, and forced to spend the rest of their days in exile along the French Riviera.

Thank God we have a leader like Bush, who not only "talks tough" but also backs it up with "action", even "action" that flies in the face of honesty or intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    You mean, when the intelligence failed to support the administration's reasoning for the war, the Democrats stopped supporting it? How dare they! Unpatriotic scum, they should be tarred, feathered, and forced to spend the rest of their days in exile along the French Riviera.

Thank God we have a leader like Bush, who not only "talks tough" but also backs it up with "action", even "action" that flies in the face of honesty or intelligence.
    You mean "doctored" intelligence. See: Office of Special Plans.

Were those 343 firemen who died at the World Trade Center liberals or conservatives?
    What about the 34 cops?

Hey Karl:

And I hope that you die
    And your death'll come soon
    I will follow your casket
    In the pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand o'er your grave
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Hey Karl:

And I hope that you die

In the pale afternoon
    Down to your deathbed
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead
    I am not sure I understand your meaning here... but I hope it is not what I think. Personally I'd never wish death upon anyone in the U.S. political system. However, I am not sure if you are wishing that Karl Rove dies soon. I hope not. Because that might tell me that you need to step aside and get away from the politics for a spell.

I loathe the Karl Rove signing.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I am not sure I understand your meaning here... but I hope it is not what I think. Personally I'd never wish death upon anyone in the U.S. political system. However, I am not sure if you are wishing that Karl Rove dies soon. I hope not. Because that might tell me that you need to step aside and get away from the politics for a spell.
    Just quoting Dylan my friend. Heres the whole song. I think its very applicable to people like Rove and his cronnies.

"Come you masters of war
    You that build all the guns
    You that build the death planes
    You that build the big bombs
    You that hide behind walls
    You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know
    I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
    But build to destroy
    You play with my world
    Like it's your little toy
    You put a gun in my hand
    And you hide from my eyes
    And you turn and run farther
    When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
    You lie and deceive
    A world war can be won
    You want me to believe
    But I see through your eyes
    And I see through your brain
    Like I see through the water
    That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
    For the others to fire
    Then you set back and watch
    When the death count gets higher
    You hide in your mansion
    As young people's blood
    Flows out of their bodies
    And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
    That can ever be hurled
    Fear to bring children
    Into the world
    For threatening my baby
    Unborn and unnamed
    You ain't worth the blood
    That runs in your veins

How much do I know
    To talk out of turn
    You might say that I'm young
    You might say I'm unlearned
    But there's one thing I know
    Though I'm younger than you
    Even Jesus would never
    Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
    Is your money that good
    Will it buy you forgiveness
    Do you think that it could
    I think you will find
    When your death takes its toll
    All the money you made
    Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
    In the pale afternoon
    Down to your deathbed
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead "

And I'll step away from politics when these idiotic oilmen are out of power, and American kids stop dying because of this absurd nonsensical invasion conducted by these people. Save your sympathy for those dead kids, not the gutless chickenhawks who killed them.

I been mothered, fathered, aunt and uncled,
    Been Roy Haleed and Art Garfunkeled.
    I just discovered somebody's tapped my phone.
    School's out. What did you expect?

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Just quoting Dylan my friend. Heres the whole song. I think its very applicable to people like Rove and his cronnies.
    Fair enough, Muta. I am not a Dylan fan, so I did not know those lyrics. Sometimes it is hard to interpret on a message board.

"War Pigs" by Black Sabbath... more my style. Same topic as the Dylan song more-or-less. Generals gather in their masses, just like witches at black masses.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Remember what I said above about the distraction? A washingtonpost.com blogger agrees:
    http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/ache...ist_repub.html

My guess is that, as part of some double-secret triple-backloop political strategy, Rove realized he needed to cause a distraction. He informed the president that the poll numbers were looking bad, or that Social Security privatization is about as likely as the resurgence of alchemy. The president said, "Karl, go out there and say something really dumb." By now you should know that nothing happens in the White House political shop except for very calculated reasons. Rove is a red herring. Keep your eye on the big fish.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?