Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kearns' Weight

Re: Kearns' Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    I think all RDriesn16 was tring to say was Dunn could do better than what he is. No on e is going to argue hat Dunn is having a good year, but what COULD he being doing if he were in great shape.
    When the team is 30-43, EVERYONE on the team can do better, from Dunn down to Weber. You play to win, not to have good numbers. I am quite sure Dunn is not satisfied with his season, despite all of his good numbers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

KEarns was 220 when he signed. He was 18 years old then. He will never return to that weight. I'd be happy with a FIT 235.

amazing, does every thread have to turn into a dunn bashing thread?

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    amazing, does every thread have to turn into a dunn bashing thread?
    They used to be JR bashing threads, then Casey, when Dunn is gone they will be Pena ones.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    They used to be JR bashing threads, then Casey, when Dunn is gone they will be Pena ones.
    It's crazy, there are about 1000 things wrong with this team and organization. Adam Dunn has been, and continues to be, one of the few bright spots despite his misusage by the team.

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    It's crazy, there are about 1000 things wrong with this team and organization. Adam Dunn has been, and continues to be, one of the few bright spots despite his misusage by the team.
    Expectations will do this. We all know he can play better. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    We all know he can play better. That's all.
    And what's great is, if he can't play better, it doesn't matter; he's great right now.

So it's win-win! Woo-hoo!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

255 would be a good weight for Kearns if he was trying to win a spot on the Bengals roster, but that sounds like at least 15-20 pounds more than he should be as a baseball player.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Does the reds not posess one single person from past years who can talk some work ethic into these young guys? I say send Bench in to rip PS2's out of the walls and lead them to a regiment.

Dont get me wrong...im not a Dunn basher but I believe he isnt putting his all and is going based on his natural ability rather than by learning ala Tony Gwynn. Kearns has been sounding like everything is owed to him and as much as I like him as a ball player from 2003, I want to see that guy again...2005 Kearns is unbecoming.

We need leadership...thats all there is to it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    He's listed on the roster at 6-3, 245. I don't know where that number comes from ... ST maybe?

Pena is also listed at 6-3, 245. And Dunn: 6-6, 275.
    Hey as I listed while starting this thread, the Reds (ie O'Brien) said that he was 255 when they sent him down. That's where the number came from and it's their job to know what their players weigh at all times. The number did not come from ST. You better believe I'd be putting him on the scale...

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh
    KEarns was 220 when he signed. He was 18 years old then. He will never return to that weight. I'd be happy with a FIT 235.
    That may be but he was listed at 220 lbs just three years ago when he was 22.

HE HASNT? really, so you think dunn is a 240 hitter. CRAP, he is way better than a 240 hitter. he should be hittin 280 at least. ive seen him play since he was in dayton and he is no 240 hitter. his bat speed is down imo. you see how many fastballs that got thrown right by him just in last nights game
    Please refer to the 1000 other threads on this topic. Learn how many total bases Dunn has accumulated, and how many outs he has made. Then if you'd still like to discuss his batting average, we can talk.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

do you guys think kearns is done here?

Dunn needs to do a better job with runner on base.There is no way F. Lopez should have more RBI than A.Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?