Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The If Rosie can do it so can I 6/25 Reds vs Indians game thead

The If Rosie can do it so can I 6/25 Reds vs Indians game thead

Cincinnati Reds (30-43) at Cleveland Indians (37-34), 7:05 p.m.

Probable Starting Pitchers: Cincinnati - Luke Hudson (1-1, 5.63) Cleveland - Jake Westbrook (4-9, 4.57)

(Sports Network) - Jerry Narron seems to have the magical touch for the Cincinnati Reds, as they have ripped off three straight victories to start his interim stint at the helm. Narron's Reds will try to keep the new skipper happy tonight, when they continue their three-game interleague series against the Cleveland Indians at Jacobs Field.

Cincinnati registered a 5-4 win over the Indians on Friday night, scoring a run in the eighth and ninth innings to recover for the victory. Felipe Lopez ripped a go-ahead double in the ninth inning and Ken Griffey Jr. belted two home runs in the win. Griffey's second longball came in the eighth to knot the game at 4-4. The star outfielder has hit safely in 22 of his last 26 contests.

Griffey had three hits on Friday night, while Lopez and Joe Randa added two apiece. Randa, who has a nine-game hit streak, hit a solo homer of his own in the victory. Griffey passed Dave Parker for 43rd all-time with 1,494 RBI in his career.

Journeyman reliever Kent Mercker (2-1) picked up the victory with a perfect eighth while David Weathers got his third save with a scoreless ninth. Mercker posted his first save since 2003 on Wednesday.

Cincinnati starter Eric Milton gave up four runs on six hits in a six-inning no-decision. Milton surrendered his league-leading 26th and 27th homers in the tilt.

The Reds called up third baseman Edwin Encarnacion from Triple-A Louisville and placed outfielder Kenny Kelly on the 15-day disabled list prior to the game. Encarnacion went 0-for-4 in his major league debut.

Reds utility man Ryan Freel missed his fifth straight game with a toe injury. Freel is doubtful for this evening's contest.

Cincinnati, which has won three straight for the first time since sweeping Tampa Bay from June 7-9, will be going for its first four-game win streak since September 28-October 1, 2004 tonight.

Cincinnati, which is in the midst of a five-game road trip, is just 7-24 in foreign buildings this season. The Reds have still dropped eight of nine and 11 of their last 13 road contests.

The Reds will pin their hopes on righthander Luke Hudson tonight. Hudson is 1-1 over his first three starts of the season after getting off the disabled list. The University of Tennessee product didn't get a decision in his last start despite surrendering four hits and two runs over five innings versus Atlanta. Hudson left with a five-run lead, but the bullpen blew the contest. Control has been an issue for Hudson, as he has walked 13 in 16 innings of work this season.

Hudson will be facing the Indians for the first time in his career.

Taking the ball for Cleveland tonight will be Jake Westbrook, who has won consecutive starts for the first time this season. Westbrook has beaten Colorado and Arizona in his last two outings, allowing just four earned runs over 15 innings of action. In fact, Westbrook has surrendered more than two earned runs in just one of his last eight starts.

Last time on the hill, Westbrook limited the Diamondbacks to just five hits and two runs over eight solid innings. The 27-year-old struck out five and didn't walk anyone in the victory. Westbrook has fanned 50 and walked 24 this season.

Westbrook made one other career start against the Reds, holding them to seven hits and one run over 7 2/3 innings of a tough luck no-decision.

Indians reliever Bob Howry (4-2) took the loss after allowing the game-winning run in the ninth frame. Howry has surrendered three runs in 1 1/3 innings over the last two games.

Cleveland starter Scott Elarton left after six innings, during which he allowed three runs on seven hits.

Jose Hernandez belted a pair of homers for the Indians, while Victor Martinez and Ron Belliard added a RBI each in their fourth consecutive loss.

Casey Blake went 1-for-4, pushing his hitting streak to 11 games, while Grady Sizemore saw his hit streak come to an end at 12.

Former Red Aaron Boone went 0-for-3 on Friday, dropping his average under .200 once again.

Cleveland, which is in the middle of a 12-game homestand, is 17-17 in its friendly confines this season.

Cleveland took two of three from the Reds in Cincinnati from May 20-22, winning the final two of the set. The Indians are 8-5 versus the Reds since the start of the 2003 campaign. Cleveland is 21-16 all-time against Cincinnati, including a 10-9 mark at the Jake. The Reds haven't won a season series with Cleveland since 1997.

The Indians are 83-72 all-time in interleague action, while Cincinnati is just 55-67 against the American League. Cleveland is 13-3 in interleague play this season, while the Reds are 7-6.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: The If Rosie can do it so can I 6/25 Reds vs Indians game thead

Cruz DH
    Valentin at catcher

That is all I know as of right now...

Cruz DH?
    Go Gators!

It's pointless to callup Encarnacion and then bench him. He should DH all three games and then third when Randa is traded, which should be soon. Now is the perfect time to deal Randa while his value is sky high.

SS Lopez, Felipe 12 44 .292
    2B Aurilia, Rich 6 26 .261
    1B Casey, Sean 3 33 .316
    CF Griffey, Ken 14 50 .280
    3B Randa, Joe 12 40 .296
    LF Dunn, Adam 20 39 .246
    RF Pena, Wily Mo 9 22 .274
    DH Cruz, Jacob 2 8 .267
    C Valentin, Javier 3 13 .253
    P Hudson, Luke (1-1, 5.63)

CF Sizemore, Grady 6 32 .304
    LF Crisp, Coco 7 27 .279
    DH Hafner, Travis 10 35 .279
    C Martinez, Victor 7 27 .229
    1B Broussard, Ben 6 27 .250
    2B Belliard, Ronnie 8 30 .289
    RF Gerut, Jody 1 8 .286
    3B Boone, Aaron 7 24 .197
    SS Peralta, Jhonny 8 24 .272
    P Westbrook, Jake (4-9, 4.57)

I was off by one day, I thought that would be the line up last night.

If they think EE is so bad based on 4 FREAKING at bats how bout we just release him now and save the hassle?

Go Gators!

Creek, I like your attitude!

I was just looking up some photos of Romano and came across this. Who knew Romano was there on Bonds 500th steal, manning 2B? I had no clue.

San Francisco Giants Barry Bonds slides in to second base to record his 500th career stolen base while Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Jason Romano looks on in the bottom of the eleventh inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers Monday, May 23, 2003. at Pac Bell Park in San Francisco. If Bonds spent any time contemplating his milestones, he'd see the true magic of his latest achievement: There might not be another member of the 500-500 club in his lifetime. (AP Photo/San Francisco Chronicle, Carlos Avila Gonzalez)

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Ramano is a history maker.

Its sorta like the guy getting dunked on in NBA posters. ha

If they think EE is so bad based on 4 FREAKING at bats how bout we just release him now and save the hassle?
    Guys second day in the bigs, let him watch from the dugout.. Westbrook has been eating RH hitters this year.

I like myself like playing the splits (Cruz, Valentin)

Good manager puts a guy in where he can succeed, there is lots of time with EE.

But WOY, he's only up for 3 days (Dan O) he should get all the at bats he can.

IMO
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Guys second day in the bigs, let him watch from the dugout.. Westbrook has been eating RH hitters this year.

I like myself like playing the splits (Cruz, Valentin)

Good manager puts a guy in where he can succeed, there is lots of time with EE.
    Oh come on woy, you are being logical. This is RedsZone, we love kneejerk reactions!!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    But WOY, he's only up for 3 days (Dan O) he should get all the at bats he can.

IMO
    Yeah, but being in the big leagues is more than just getting at bats.

My only real issue with this lineup (other than all the obvious issues we go over every night) is that I'd rather see Pena as the DH and Cruz in RF.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Oh come on woy, you are being logical. This is RedsZone, we love kneejerk reactions!!
    My kneejerk reactions never fail to lead us to victory
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?