Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Experience in trail running? (Need shoes)

Time is the Revelator.

Experience in trail running? (Need shoes)

Anyone have suggestions for some solid trail running shoes? Starting in mid-July, I'm going to be doing extensive cardio (along with other workouts) for 6-8+ months to get myself into better form and prepare myself for an impending boot camp. I've never really been a runner, but it's something I really would love to get into. I have some idyllic shoes for pavements, but I'm still looking and taking suggestions for off-road trails, which I'll be doing excessively.

Any other suggestions referring gadgets and what-not would be much appreciated as well. Thanks. :dancingco

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Experience in trail running? (Need shoes)

New Balance, in my experience at least, makes the best trail shoes. Shoes are a pretty personalized thing though, you kind of have to go with what feels the best.

You really don't need too much else to run, shoes and a watch and you're good to go. I've always used either a Timex Ironman watch or a cheap $6 watch from Wal-mart.

I love my IPod too, but it's certainly not necessary. Heart monitors are helpful as well, but I've never used one so I can't recommend anything specific.

I'd also recommend keeping a mileage log, so you can track your progress.

Good luck!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Time is the Revelator.

I've heard good things about New Balance. I'm pretty much down to that or Adidas Supernova.

No doubter on the logs. Got that all planned and set.

I've also put money down on Julbo Typhoon Sunglasses & an iAudio 5. :dancingco

As for a watch, I'm taking the cheap route on that one.

Thanks.

I got my Timex runnning watch on line at campfor.com. Mostly camping stuff, but great deals. And a log is required. Nothing suckss more than overtraining injuries. I got runner's knee and it took about 7 years to completely get rid of it.

Oh, and adidas has made serious strided (pun intended) in running shoes the last few years... I'm a New Balance guy myself. Love the 760 series.

So what kind of boot camp?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    So what kind of boot camp?
    I'm not 100% sure right now. Wherever the ASVAB sends me.

Turn Off Ads?