Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: People on Mets Board saying really dumb things about Adam Dunn

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: People on Mets Board saying really dumb things about Adam Dunn

Mine...
    Last edited by smith288; 06-27-2005 at 11:23 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Mine...

Wow! Where can I get a red x for a hat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Its sooo cool, only cool people can view past the red x. Sorry Chip...

Mines the best
    Go Gators!

Mine says " #1 fan", and guess which finger is used to portray the #1
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Mine has two cup holders for beers.
    Sweet! I have to get that attachment for mine.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    2001 Futures Game
    2002 All-Star Game

Just sayin'.
    So we're counting the future's game now? LOL ... thanks for helping my argument.

I'm still on the Dunn bandwagon, though not as firmly entrenched as I once was. I don't want to see him traded yet, but I do want him to become the player we all hoped he'd be. And that includes those of you who think he can do no wrong.

This Adam Dunn you all speak of....is he any good?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    This Adam Dunn you all speak of....is he any good?
    Best player in Cincinnati
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed

Runners ISP: .196
    Runners ISP, 2 outs: .176
    Close and late: .229
    Again, thanks for making my point.

The worst thing I've said about him is I wish he'd walk less and drive in more runs. But on this site that's apparently considered bashing. I've posted on two different Adam Dunn threads since I returned to this site and I've been docked something like 70 reputation points over those comments; and the worst thing I said was I prefer RBI's over BB's?? Wow. And now I get docked by Steel, for supposedly "calling him out". LOL ... this is the same guy who use to send me private messages constantly, even threatening me because we have different opinions. If this is what this site has become, and apparently it has, then that's pretty sad. Because this use to be the best Reds site on the internet.

Believe me, I won't comment on Dunn anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    So we're counting the future's game now? LOL ... thanks for helping my argument.

I'm still on the Dunn bandwagon, though not as firmly entrenched as I once was. I don't want to see him traded yet, but I do want him to become the player we all hoped he'd be. And that includes those of you who think he can do no wrong.
    Sigh. Adam Dunn is on a list with nine other Hall of Famers, and we still have people complaining about him!

woy posted this on page 1.

Code:
    RUNS CREATED/GAME              RC/G      OBA      SLG      HR       2B       BB     
    1    Ted Williams              13.38     .481     .642      127      154      495   
    2    Jimmie Foxx               10.87     .435     .638      222      196      556   
    3    Mickey Mantle             10.20     .427     .574      207      164      670   
    4    Joe DiMaggio              10.11     .402     .623      168      171      260   
    5    Albert Pujols              9.49     .413     .624      160      189      304   
    6    Mel Ott                    8.87     .412     .554      211      224      622   
    7    Willie Mays                8.29     .382     .584      152      102      285   
    8    Eddie Mathews              8.22     .388     .556      222      147      561   
    9    Frank Robinson             7.81     .384     .561      202      177      392
    There are 9 bazillion problems with this organization...Adam Dunn is least of our worries.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I just wish he didn't play LF with Kalvoski-like similarities.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I'm sorry, but I really find this laughable.

There are certainly aspects of Dunn's game worth criticizing. Most of them have nothing to do with offense, yet that's what we hear the most about.

I wish I could give you rep points for this post.. bravo!

"I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    Again, thanks for making my point.

The worst thing I've said about him is I wish he'd walk less and drive in more runs. But on this site that's apparently considered bashing. I've posted on two different Adam Dunn threads since I returned to this site and I've been docked something like 70 reputation points over those comments; and the worst thing I said was I prefer RBI's over BB's?? Wow. And now I get docked by Steel, for supposedly "calling him out". LOL ... this is the same guy who use to send me private messages constantly, even threatening me because we have different opinions. If this is what this site has become, and apparently it has, then that's pretty sad. Because this use to be the best Reds site on the internet.

Believe me, I won't comment on Dunn anymore.

You are sitting here arguing production Terry, but you're looking at Batting average. Batting average is certainly not a good indication of production. Look at OPS. A much more telling stat. If you're getting on base, you're producing. And as Rosie pointed out, he gets on base about what.. 48% of the time? When you get on base, that creates the opportunity for a run. Bottom line, look at OPB+SLG, or OPS as a better indication of how well Dunn produces. You can also look at Runs Created. Dunn has about a .950OPS. Tell me, how many 25 year olds have put up that kind of OPS over the course of a year? Theres not many.

Look, I'm no stat head man, but I try to have a basic understanding of them. Batting average is not a good indication of overall production. I'm trying to help you out. I dont think anyone is critizing you for having a different opinion on Dunn. I think its something else. Why dont you re-read the Rosie's post.
    Last edited by cincyinco; 06-27-2005 at 06:31 PM.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Certainly batting average is not a good stat to critque a hitter like Dunn. However, it is a good stat to critique a singles hitter like a Sean Casey. I would prefer to critique Dunn by OPS rather than OBP. Since it combines both his ability to get on base with his ability to hit for extra bases. However, it's sad that this board has become a OBP/OPS/Sabermetrics gala while traditonalist are docked reputation points for leaning towards AVG and RBI's. I've seen both arguements and tried to argue for the traditionalist POV but came up with a clearer picture. They both are important. One is not necessarily better than the other. A person who is big into stats may not watch the game as closely as a traditonalist, but a traditinalist might not pay attention to the new stats that can prove beneficial in critiquing a player. Both are necessary IMO

Turn Off Ads?