Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: People on Mets Board saying really dumb things about Adam Dunn

Re: People on Mets Board saying really dumb things about Adam Dunn

Your right statheads are not sitting there writing things down. That's fine. Why sit there and count stats in a game when the lovely computer is able to do it for you? Sorry if I prefer to lean toward the quesiton "how" instead of "what" happened.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    That's why I love espn.com. They do my game scoring for me
    I'm glad you qualified that with "game" or else I would have thought you were going to take Stuart Scott on your honeymoon with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I'm glad you qualified that with "game" or else I would have thought you were going to take Stuart Scott on your honeymoon with you.
    I think if Stuart Scott shows up at Raisor's honeynoon someone is going to get a detached cornea and this time it might not be Stuart Scott.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04
    Your right statheads are not sitting there writing things down. That's fine. Why sit there and count stats in a game when the lovely computer is able to do it for you? Sorry if I prefer to lean toward the quesiton "how" instead of "what" happened.

I'm very confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I think if Stuart Scott shows up at Raisor's honeynoon someone is going to get a detached cornea and this time it might not be Stuart Scott.

I'm thinking about calling off the wedding. Amanda told me yesterday that if I look at Redszone even once during the honeymoon, bad things will happen.

Is Redszone > Wedded Bliss?

If you choose RZ over a honeymoon then you need help...really

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04
    A person who is big into stats may not watch the game as closely as a traditonalist,
    What a crock.

The vast majority of stats guys get into stats in order to give them something baseball-related to do when there are no games being played. When they are at a game they every bit the beer swillin', peanut eatin', moundball playin' SOB as any 'traditional' fan. They don't break out the sliderules and spreadsheets until AFTER the game.

Time is the Revelator.

:ughmamoru :ughmamoru Comparing Burnitz to Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Adam Dunn isn't just criticized for his few weaknesses; his whole game is bashed on here. He strikeouts too much, average is too low, no sac flies. can't hit risp, too many solo homeruns, needs to swing at more bad pitches, walks too much, etc.. A lot of people don't like the guy, so they criticize him for everything.

And these same people never seem to be around when he hits two homeruns in a game, but they are the first one's on the board when he strikeouts twice in a game.
    I agree, I visited Reds fan forum on Reds.com today. (WOW) You should read some of the things posters on that board say about Dunn.

Thak goodness for RedsZone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    What a crock.

The vast majority of stats guys get into stats in order to give them something baseball-related to do when there are no games being played. When they are at a game they every bit the beer swillin', peanut eatin', moundball playin' SOB as any 'traditional' fan. They don't break out the sliderules and spreadsheets until AFTER the game.
    Thank you Steve.

That would sum me up perfectly.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?