Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 6-26-05 Reds and Indians

Re: 6-26-05 Reds and Indians

Quote Originally Posted by 37red
    Why in the world would you play Dunn over Casey? Casey is a fine first baseman, better batter and hustles more. It must be hot in here, everyone needs to turn up the AC and have a cold one.
    Because Casey isn't that good?

Casey hustles more. hmmmm.

Casey may be a better hitter in terms of BA, but the rest of his offensive game is putrid. It's amazing to me that the Reds have scored as many runs as they have with him in the 3 hole, where he is an absolute liability.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Or Option #3: bring up Kearns and keep his bat in the outfield rotation. And just forget all about what a stupid idea it was to send him down in the first place.

Not an option. You can't make a roster move in the middle of the game. (And yes, I know you were being sarcastic.)

However, I disagree that it was a stupid idea to send him to AAA in the first place. He played on an every-day basis while Peņa was on the DL, and frankly he played his way to AAA. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was the pinch-hit appearance he had in the ninth inning (I think it was against Tampa Bay) where he walked up to the plate, watched three pitches go by, and walked back to the dugout as if nothing had happened.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Whatever. I have been saying the same thing all week - even when the Reds won three straight with Aurilia second in the lineup.

Just because you agree with everything the Reds do isn't my problem.
    You misinterpreted what I was saying.

I wasn't disagreeing with you; I just thought your post would have brought closure to a painful loss. I thought it was funny. And yes I know, you have been saying it all week, and longer probably.

For the record, I've been one of the few posters here who has supported Lopez right from the get-go. I"m one of the few that said that his range was desparately needed if we were to improve this year. I thought that our infield defense was as bad last year as our pitching, and thatLopez would help solve that problem (not the pitching, but the MI defense). I never liked the idea of Aurilla starting over Lopez, nor did I ever like the idea of him hitting second(other than when Freel was injured and he was red hot). I've always liked the idea of Dunn hitting before Casey, but always knew that the Reds weren't likely to do it. It's just that I don't see the need to complain about it at the start of every game like it's a new thing. I"ve always been an advocate that you want your best hitters to get the most AB's, it's only common sense. With Freel injured, I'd put Dunn at bat 2nd. WIth Freel in the lineup, I'd put him 3rd.

For the record, there can be no real disagreement that Dunn should have caught that ball. He wanted nothing to do with it, and Lopez wouldn't have been out so far if Dunn had played it anywhere close to what a major league LF is expected to do. Dunn never looks particularly good even on easy outs, which that should have been.

While it's esy to criticize Randa for swinging at the first pitch, you see players all the time doing it when they think that pitchers will try and "groove" one when they are having control problems. I didn't get a good look at the pitches location, but Randa did get pretty good wood on it.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    It should have been Dunns ball all the way, but you have players like Lopez, Freel and Aurilia that feel like they have to run over to ther players positions to catch balls.

I think Romano could have had a chance at getting that bloop fly ball that was hit in between Romano, Aurilia and Pena earlier in the game.

They all need to give each other room to play there positions.
    That was in no way's Felipe's fault. He should go out, though, until Dunn calls him off. He may have not realized it was too deep until he got back there, but Lopez didn't do anything wrong on that play.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    For the record, there can be no real disagreement that Dunn should have caught that ball. He wanted nothing to do with it, and Lopez wouldn't have been out so far if Dunn had played it anywhere close to what a major league LF is expected to do. Dunn never looks particularly good even on easy outs, which that should have been.
    Actually, yes, there can. You see it your way, and I see it mine.

I've watched the replay several times. He was NOT dogging it on that play. Had he not slowed, he would have wiped out Felipe.

Should the ball have been caught? Absolutely! But not at the expense of injury to either player.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?