Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

  1. #16
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

    It is starting to seem like everyone wants Hilary Clinton to become the next president, I'm starting to wonder if she's using mind control. Maybe Tom Cruise turned her on to scientology, I dunno.

    What I do know is that Barbara Bush now calls Bill Clinton son, Newt Gingrich worked with Hilary Clinton recently, Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush work together on tsunami relief, Billy Graham wants Hilary to run the country. I can't take much more of this.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,764

    Re: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    It is starting to seem like everyone wants Hilary Clinton to become the next president, I'm starting to wonder if she's using mind control. Maybe Tom Cruise turned her on to scientology, I dunno.

    What I do know is that Barbara Bush now calls Bill Clinton son, Newt Gingrich worked with Hilary Clinton recently, Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush work together on tsunami relief, Billy Graham wants Hilary to run the country. I can't take much more of this.
    Bill Clinton recently joked that Barbara Bush was calling him "son" simply because the Bush family wanted to add him to the family political dynasty. He said he was trying to get Barabra and George H. W. to adopt Hillary.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  4. #18
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,687

    Re: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    It is starting to seem like everyone wants Hilary Clinton to become the next president, I'm starting to wonder if she's using mind control. Maybe Tom Cruise turned her on to scientology, I dunno.
    Don't worry, sava, there are not that many people who feel this way. Every once in a while some celeb might say something about Hillary. That seems to get coverage from the media (imagine that!?!?). I do not really think Rev. Graham meant too much with his statement. He was implying more that he thinks Pres. Clinton (that would be Bill) would make a good evangelist. His comment about let Hillary run the country means nothing about her being president, as much as he is telling Bill to get out of the political arena and leave Hillary in it. "Run the country" is a broad statement. And coming from an 86-year-old man who means well means next-to-nothing in the political world.

    Needless to say... I will bet my first born's services for 1-year that Hillary will never become president. I think Jimmy Haynes winning a minimum of 14 games in the big leagues is more likely to happen AGAIN, then Hillary being called Mrs. President by the good citizens of this country.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  5. #19
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,764

    Re: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966

    Needless to say... I will bet my first born's services for 1-year that Hillary will never become president. I think Jimmy Haynes winning a minimum of 14 games in the big leagues is more likely to happen AGAIN, then Hillary being called Mrs. President by the good citizens of this country.
    I hope you are right, and I won't vote for Mrs. Clinton. However, while I do not believe that anyone can be considered an "odds on" favorite to be elected President in 2008, Hillary Clinton IMO has a better chance of being the 44th President than just about anyone else I can think of, with the possible exception of John McCain.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  6. #20
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,665

    Re: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Don't worry, sava, there are not that many people who feel this way. Every once in a while some celeb might say something about Hillary. That seems to get coverage from the media (imagine that!?!?). I do not really think Rev. Graham meant too much with his statement. He was implying more that he thinks Pres. Clinton (that would be Bill) would make a good evangelist. His comment about let Hillary run the country means nothing about her being president, as much as he is telling Bill to get out of the political arena and leave Hillary in it. "Run the country" is a broad statement. And coming from an 86-year-old man who means well means next-to-nothing in the political world.

    Needless to say... I will bet my first born's services for 1-year that Hillary will never become president. I think Jimmy Haynes winning a minimum of 14 games in the big leagues is more likely to happen AGAIN, then Hillary being called Mrs. President by the good citizens of this country.
    I thoroughly agree. I hope she gets the nomination. And I'll be more then happy to make a friendly side bet with anyone on this.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  7. #21
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,665

    Re: Rev. Billy Graham calls for Hilary Clinton to "run the country"

    Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Well, then, doesn't it stand to reason that perhaps your view of what the Republican Party should be doesn't match what the Republican Party actually is? You may think that the Republican Party should stand for all of those things you mentioned above, but if it doesn't, then perhaps your definition or expectations are out of date.

    I'd argue that what you're seeing is exactly what the Republican Party is nowadays. "Hijacked" by the Religious Right and Corporate America or not, the Republicans are in power in this country and this is exactly what you get with it. What you're arguing the Republican Party should be sounds nice, but it doesn't fit with reality.
    And you could say the very same things about the Democratic Party. They are not the same party they were 30-40 years ago as far as ideology. I know - I'm a former Democrat.

    They've been hijacked too - by the extremist left. The Dems today love to also live on there "heritage" of standing up for the working man, the poor and weak in our society. I think the current Democratic Party, while their intentions may have been noble, have abandoned that- especially the working middle class.

    The majority of my family is still Democratic. My in-laws are staunch Democrats. But if they sat down across the table from some on here who say they are Democrat, liberal or progressive, and they discussed ideologies and current issues of today and what defines a Democrat and liberal - you'd get some staunch disagreement on many issues such as gay marriage, abortion, the environment, and a few others. I guess to some of you that would make them bad or poor Democrats then; but they have been lifelong Dems, and vote that way for other obvious reasons that have become ingrained. And it's the same with those who vote Republican.

    But they still vote Democratic, not because they agree with everything that goes on within their party (they have plenty of differences); but because they still have their greater differences with Republican ideology. They also believe in voting for the "lesser of two evils" also. They just happen to believe that is Democratic, while I believe it is Republican. But I still deeply respect them.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-28-2005 at 08:37 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25