Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Traded for Felipe

Traded for Felipe

I traded David Wright for Felipe. I had Wright and Hank Blalock at 3B and needed to get rid of one of them. My current SS is Eckstein so Lopez will be an upgrade in about every aspect except avg maybe. Was this a good trade?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Traded for Felipe

Quote Originally Posted by HBP
    I traded David Wright for Felipe. I had Wright and Hank Blalock at 3B and needed to get rid of one of them. My current SS is Eckstein so Lopez will be an upgrade in about every aspect except avg maybe. Was this a good trade?
    I would have done it. Although I would have tried to trade Blalock rather than Wright.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I got Felipe off the wavier wire in all three of my leagues. That was a sweet pickup.

As for your question, that is a good pickup. Your league must be pretty deep if you were stuck with Eckstein, huh?
    Last edited by kyred14; 06-26-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I would have done it. Although I would have tried to trade Blalock rather than Wright.
    Granted Wright is having an awesome season - how could you justify trading Blalock over him?

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    Granted Wright is having an awesome season - how could you justify trading Blalock over him?
    I just think David Wright is a better player. His total OPS this year is .901 and he plays in a pitchers park. His road OPS is .106 better than his home OPS.

Hank Blalock on the other hand has a total OPS of .820 and he plays in a hitters' park. His road / home splits are .720 / .927.

And that's just from a fantasy perspective. In real life I'd take Wright too, he's younger and a better fielder.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

In real life I'd take Wright too. If he hit #3 or #4 in the Mets lineup (like he probably should be), I wouldn't have traded him. But, he is usually the #6 or #7 hitter. I like the RBI opportunities Blalock gives me over Wright.

I don't know, for some reason I just don't see David Wright continuing at the pace that he is on. IMO Blalock will finish with better numbers than Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP
    It depends on your scoring categories. I have both Wright and Lopez (who I grabbed off the waiver wire), so I don't have your dilemma. But, I'd be hard pressed to deal Wright, he is most impressive. Lopez still scares me a bit, his free swinging ways could lead to a slump. But, all in all, I don't think you did too badly.

Turn Off Ads?