Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    You got that right. Anytime someone wants to simply condescend and also misrepresent what I've said is really wasting his time "explaining" it to poor little stupid me-it's a wonder I ever made it out of elementary school.
    I take that as a compliment from someone who consistently, no check that, constantly attempts to bait me by bringing up the fact that I hate monsters like Delay. Pretty passive-aggressive there pal. Just call me out specifically next time so I can rip your argument to shreds. For the time being I'm through with your crying game.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    And that's all I really need to know about this one. Malicious intent. Dishonest actions. Blaming others for her own behavior... ...Wow. Just wow.
    Sounds like Reds front office material there. Better get her resume to DO.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I take that as a compliment from someone who consistently, no check that, constantly attempts to bait me by bringing up the fact that I hate monsters like Delay. Pretty passive-aggressive there pal. Just call me out specifically next time so I can rip your argument to shreds. For the time being I'm through with your crying game.
    1. Please cite the posts where I've constantly tried to "bait" you.
    2. I have noted several times on the non-baseball side of RedsZone that term "hate" is thrown around rather loosely, but those haven't been attempts to "bait" anyone. I believe that politics and current events can be discussed civilly, and, until your attack on me, the debate on this thread had been civil, if spirited. If you are consumed by hate, so be it.
    3. I'm not your pal.
    4. You've yet to rip me up.
    5. I'm not crying.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Sounds like Reds front office material there. Better get her resume to DO.

And oh yeah; can't you cats find a better outlet for your vitriol than an internet spat? Channel that "pissedoffedness" into something more fruitful?

Really. It's ridiculous.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go

And oh yeah; can't you cats find a better outlet for your vitriol than an internet spat? Channel that "pissedoffedness" into something more fruitful?
    Like this? :obrien:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

3. I'm not your pal.
    You're right. My apologies.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Like this? :obrien:
    I was thinking more along the lines of feeding the homeless or dressing up in tights and roaming the rooftops looking for evildoers to bring to justice, but yeah, I guess we could just go throw rotten eggs at Obie.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I think it's fair to say I know exactly from this thread who would and who wouldn't make the cut in forensics/debate club.

O'Brien is not the last name to have as a "sports management" type in Ohio is it?

O'Brien is not the last name to have as a "sports management" type in Ohio is it?
    Yeah... "Brown" is where it's at.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I think it's fair to say I know exactly from this thread who would and who wouldn't make the cut in forensics/debate club.
    You dinging me for non sequiturs again?

You dinging me for non sequiturs again?
    No, but I got my eye on you. I know you're capable of some amphiboly and post hoc from time to time.

When I was at UD, we referred to the coach of the Boston Celtics (post-Pitino) as "he who shall not be named," among other things I can't post here.

Originally posted by zombie-a-go-go:[/b]

Channel that "pissedoffedness" into something more fruitful?
    Interesting word, thats derivate, I thought, was a no-no around here. I got dinged for masked profanity on that one when I used a couple of these "$$".

How do you "know" she "targeted" anyone?
    Maybe she did. Maybe she wrote a terrible paper (I've already noted that I would want to read the paper before forming any kind of opinion as to what kind of grade she deserved). But how do we "know' what her motives are?
    I know she targeted someone because that's what she did and she's still doing it under the pretense that her First Amendment rights were violated the moment the professor put a condition on her use of a topic. That's complete ka-ka, but she's doing it anyway.

You don't openly defy direction and then blame someone for your own behavior without there being a target. Well, unless you're a sociopath. Then you don't really have a conscience and don't understand that your behavior affects others.

That's pretty much the choice. She either targetted someone for having the audacity for their views or she's a sociopath. I tend to sway toward the former explanation even though it appears that she appears to have little conscience. At minimum, she mistakenly felt that her "rights" had been violated the moment the professor put a condition on her topic and figured that she'd show him!

If that's not "targetting", I don't know what is.

BTW, the top point total she could have received was a score of 69 (unless I misread it) handing in her inappropriate version. She received a 49. She handed in a paper that, sans inappropriate content, would have been in the low "B" grade range. She received 49 points because that is the grade she deserved. I don't need to read her paper to realize that. And she got it because she felt that she was entitled to do whatever she liked.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?