Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 196

Thread: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

  1. #151
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    You got that right. Anytime someone wants to simply condescend and also misrepresent what I've said is really wasting his time "explaining" it to poor little stupid me-it's a wonder I ever made it out of elementary school.
    I take that as a compliment from someone who consistently, no check that, constantly attempts to bait me by bringing up the fact that I hate monsters like Delay. Pretty passive-aggressive there pal. Just call me out specifically next time so I can rip your argument to shreds. For the time being I'm through with your crying game.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    And that's all I really need to know about this one. Malicious intent. Dishonest actions. Blaming others for her own behavior... ...Wow. Just wow.
    Sounds like Reds front office material there. Better get her resume to DO.
    4009



  4. #153
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,795

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I take that as a compliment from someone who consistently, no check that, constantly attempts to bait me by bringing up the fact that I hate monsters like Delay. Pretty passive-aggressive there pal. Just call me out specifically next time so I can rip your argument to shreds. For the time being I'm through with your crying game.
    1. Please cite the posts where I've constantly tried to "bait" you.
    2. I have noted several times on the non-baseball side of RedsZone that term "hate" is thrown around rather loosely, but those haven't been attempts to "bait" anyone. I believe that politics and current events can be discussed civilly, and, until your attack on me, the debate on this thread had been civil, if spirited. If you are consumed by hate, so be it.
    3. I'm not your pal.
    4. You've yet to rip me up.
    5. I'm not crying.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  5. #154
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Sounds like Reds front office material there. Better get her resume to DO.


    And oh yeah; can't you cats find a better outlet for your vitriol than an internet spat? Channel that "pissedoffedness" into something more fruitful?

    Really. It's ridiculous.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  6. #155
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,385

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go


    And oh yeah; can't you cats find a better outlet for your vitriol than an internet spat? Channel that "pissedoffedness" into something more fruitful?
    Like this? :obrien:
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  7. #156
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    3. I'm not your pal.
    You're right. My apologies.

  8. #157
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Like this? :obrien:
    I was thinking more along the lines of feeding the homeless or dressing up in tights and roaming the rooftops looking for evildoers to bring to justice, but yeah, I guess we could just go throw rotten eggs at Obie.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  9. #158
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    I think it's fair to say I know exactly from this thread who would and who wouldn't make the cut in forensics/debate club.

  10. #159
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    O'Brien is not the last name to have as a "sports management" type in Ohio is it?
    4009



  11. #160
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    O'Brien is not the last name to have as a "sports management" type in Ohio is it?
    Yeah... "Brown" is where it's at.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  12. #161
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I think it's fair to say I know exactly from this thread who would and who wouldn't make the cut in forensics/debate club.
    You dinging me for non sequiturs again?
    4009



  13. #162
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    You dinging me for non sequiturs again?
    No, but I got my eye on you. I know you're capable of some amphiboly and post hoc from time to time.

  14. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,346

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    O'Brien is not the last name to have as a "sports management" type in Ohio is it?
    When I was at UD, we referred to the coach of the Boston Celtics (post-Pitino) as "he who shall not be named," among other things I can't post here.

  15. #164
    Matt's Dad RANDY IN INDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Originally posted by zombie-a-go-go:[/b]

    Channel that "pissedoffedness" into something more fruitful?
    Interesting word, thats derivate, I thought, was a no-no around here. I got dinged for masked profanity on that one when I used a couple of these "$$".

    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

    John Wooden

  16. #165
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,333

    Re: Term paper about "God" earns student failing grade

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    How do you "know" she "targeted" anyone?
    Maybe she did. Maybe she wrote a terrible paper (I've already noted that I would want to read the paper before forming any kind of opinion as to what kind of grade she deserved). But how do we "know' what her motives are?
    I know she targeted someone because that's what she did and she's still doing it under the pretense that her First Amendment rights were violated the moment the professor put a condition on her use of a topic. That's complete ka-ka, but she's doing it anyway.

    You don't openly defy direction and then blame someone for your own behavior without there being a target. Well, unless you're a sociopath. Then you don't really have a conscience and don't understand that your behavior affects others.

    That's pretty much the choice. She either targetted someone for having the audacity for their views or she's a sociopath. I tend to sway toward the former explanation even though it appears that she appears to have little conscience. At minimum, she mistakenly felt that her "rights" had been violated the moment the professor put a condition on her topic and figured that she'd show him!

    If that's not "targetting", I don't know what is.

    BTW, the top point total she could have received was a score of 69 (unless I misread it) handing in her inappropriate version. She received a 49. She handed in a paper that, sans inappropriate content, would have been in the low "B" grade range. She received 49 points because that is the grade she deserved. I don't need to read her paper to realize that. And she got it because she felt that she was entitled to do whatever she liked.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25