Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: O'brien to be replaced by Twins asst. general manager if no improvement

Rumor: O'brien to be replaced by Twins asst. general manager if no improvement

On www.redreporter.com ....

From USA Today:

The Reds likely will try to hire Twins assistant general manager Wayne Krivsky to replace GM Dan O'Brien if the Reds don't show improvement in the second half.

Krivsky is the guy we should have hired in the first place so this is potentially good news.

Also from the same page, discussing deserving All-Stars:

The choice is Felipe Lopez of Cincinnati. He has no chance in the fan vote, which will go to either Cesar Izturis of the Dodgers or David Eckstein of the Cardinals. So, we'll take Lopez and whoever wins the vote.

I have to think Lopez will be an All-Star this year, and probably the only Reds representative. I could see LaRussa possibly adding Griffey, but we'll see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: O'brien to be replaced by Twins manager if no improvement

What the heck more could they learn betweeen now and the end of the season. I'd rather they go a ahead and hire him now.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    What the heck more could they learn betweeen now and the end of the season.
    Whats in the binder titled, "To be used only in case of an emergency and foods that start with the letter Q"
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

What the heck more could they learn betweeen now and the end of the season. I'd rather they go a ahead and hire him now.
    Man, Ralph Macchio rules!!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

That would make sense to hire him now.
    Sad to say the Reds organization doesn't work that way.
    They will go on preaching good fudamentals and go on thinking like Redzones own Badfudamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Man, Ralph Macchio rules!!
    Wax on, wax off.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Don't give up hope, Machado and Hancock will lead the turnaround, as soon as they come off the DL

My guess is that the Twins might not grant permission to interview the Twins guy in the middle of the season though.

The good news is that DanO's slow, deliberate style might save us from having him make a disaster Kearns/Dunn trade at the deadline.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: Rumor: O'brien to be replaced by Twins asst. general manager if no improvement

So DanO will try and win the Rest of the Year to save his job when he should be trying to trade for next year and the future since the best you could hope for this year is someplace close to .500 and maybe 3rd or 4th place. This would set the Reds whole system back another two years at least. Bad ownership if this is true.

Re: Rumor: O'brien to be replaced by Twins asst. general manager if no improvement

Can this team get any worse? Shouldn't they improve by default? The season was completely lost well before the AS Break, that alone should be enough...and it had less to do with injuries (as OB would like you to believe) as it did with just terrible roster management and bad off-season decisions per the norm, and just general all-around bad team management in general (Allen).

OB and ecspecially Allen have already lost these players, they have no confidence in upper management, don't want to play for them, don't trust them, and don't like them.

This is just like the Bengals used to be I swear, basing a coach's future on the last 5 games of a season etc.., (Coslet, Lebeau, Shula) and not the over-all systematic problems caused by ownership and executive management.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    So DanO will try and win the Rest of the Year to save his job when he should be trying to trade for next year and the future since the best you could hope for this year is someplace close to .500 and maybe 3rd or 4th place. This would set the Reds whole system back another two years at least. Bad ownership if this is true.
    Well there is a good side to it, he won't make any horrible deals with Dunn going.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    The good news is that DanO's slow, deliberate style might save us from having him make a disaster Kearns/Dunn trade at the deadline.
    Well, think about this. Recently we heard that John Allen was calling teams trying to make deal. Maybe they aren't letting DanO do anything these days without permission, and they've cut him off from any more deals after the Milton disaster.

Of course, I don't trust John Allen either, so there you go.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

If this means DanO isn't going to trade anyone trying to go .500 the rest of the way, this is really bad news. Do it now and allow something like that to happens, idiots.

Wax on, wax off.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Krivsky is the guy until Carl steps in and picks who?

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    Krivsky is the guy until Carl steps in and picks who?
    Barry Larkin?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?