Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Programing Help - Can you program PHP?

Programing Help - Can you program PHP?

I'm looking for some PHP help... willing to barter deadballart stuff for it (www.deadballart.com) or discuss other options.

Here's what I need.

I have a client that wants to post a form and entice folks to fill it out by giving them a coupon number for money off on a purchase.

The scenario I want is the form to be filled out and then submitted.

A confirmation page appears and displays a number to the user. The form is emailed to an account with the users "unique" number within the email.

This is on a Yahoo Store site so they have msql and is setup for php.

If you think you don't need PHP and have another idea...I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Any help appreciated

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Programing Help - Can you program PHP?

so you need a promotion number generator similar to what MLB does with the AS ballot?

I'm converting AC's website to a php based content management system, but I think Ochre probably has better skills than i do in this area.

can i get a magnet for contributing in any way?
    Suck it up cupcake.

clarification: support is for mysql.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

PM me the website (specific form if possible) and I'll take a look at what it will take.

I'm thinking the form needs to generate a random number, but also store that number in a database record that woy's client then can confirms is a real number. It needs to be different (guessing here) each time to prevent people from just handing out the number to everyone they know, so not only unique, but that fields data should be a primary key i think.

There are a number of shareware/freeware form and survey programs that use php that might be of use.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I'm thinking the form needs to generate a random number, but also store that number in a database record that woy's client then can confirms is a real number. It needs to be different (guessing here) each time to prevent people from just handing out the number to everyone they know, so not only unique, but that fields data should be a primary key i think.

There are a number of shareware/freeware form and survey programs that use php that might be of use.
    Yeah the number generated is not a top secret sort of thing, what the deal is... the client sells weight lifting supplements and they have been chosen by Muscle Mag as the "product of the month" so they wanted to beef up their online store... including a form that gives the end user a chance to get a 20 buck of coupon if they fill it out.

The number generated represents the "coupon"

The client doesn't care about the $20 off, as much as they just want client info.

I'm still waiting on the form specs from the client.. until then I'm just trying to line my ducks up.

BTW We do have some shareware stuff we haven't plowed through just yet.

I'd use a combination of a unix-type time stamp with the user name combination. That'll give pseudo-random and fairly unique as long as people don't hit the site multiple times per nanosecond

Turn Off Ads?