Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woman sells forehead for ad space

Re: Woman sells forehead for ad space

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    "No, no, no, it's all backwards!"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Everyone's bashing the woman like she's mentally unstable, and this is what she's doing with the money:

That seems pretty incredibly noble to me, that's she's sacrificing her dignity to try to make a better life for her child.

Keep calling her insane though.
    Another way to look at it would be to say that her son might actually be humiliated by his fellow classmates at his new private school.

It's hard enough to be the "new kid" in class without also having to be known as the kid whose mom mutiliated her face to send him there...
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I really don't know. I know one thing... there are scholarships,
    not for me there weren't.
    a loan from a bank,
    the bank 'lost' my paperwork so i never got a loan.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Another way to look at it would be to say that her son might actually be humiliated by his fellow classmates at his new private school.

It's hard enough to be the "new kid" in class without also having to be known as the kid whose mom mutiliated her face to send him there...
    The mom's obviously misguided as to what she's doing. It's not going to work out the way she's envisioning. But if she's truly doing this for her child's welfare, and we have no reason to think otherwise with the information available to us, then she doesn't deserve the scorn she's getting. Pity maybe, but not scorn.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Everyone's bashing the woman like she's mentally unstable, and this is what she's doing with the money:

That seems pretty incredibly noble to me, that's she's sacrificing her dignity to try to make a better life for her child.

Keep calling her insane though.
    Not only insane. Stupid! There plenty of other noble ways to try and provide for your child other then having an advertisement tatooed on your forehead.

One's dignity is worth far more then a measily 10 grand too. It's priceless.

If she is working, I wonder what her employer thinks about this? Probably kills any chance for promotion/advancement. And if she isn't working - who would hire her?

Oh, that's right, she doesn't need to work after all the money she just made in advertising.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I was checking out that ladies feedback on ebay and saw on of the auctions she has won....

She wants to raise money for her kid but bids this....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5590571986

Those pictures were just creepy. Especially this one.

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

lol I think this one is a little more disturbing...

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    lol I think this one is a little more disturbing...

Yeah, but at least it fit with the rest. The other one is just out of place.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?