Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rove Blew CIA Agent's Cover

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rove Blew CIA Agent's Cover

He actually should be facing jail time for this one. It's a capital crime. BTW, I certainly hope he never let Bush know what he did. That would be Chuck Colson level stupidity.

What should be most fascinating though is watching the President and Republican Congress do their utmost to ignore it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Well, a capital crime at the least. Closer to treason in my opinion.

But don't you guys understand? He didn't commit a crime. The CIA agent was a Democrat.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    What should be most fascinating though is watching the President and Republican Congress do their utmost to ignore it.
    as well as some folks around here.
    School's out. What did you expect?

The same folks for the "rule of law" ? I guess lying about an unprofessional relationship is the "bar" in some peoples minds. The Gold Standard. Did Rove lie about sex?
    Last edited by RBA; 07-02-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

We are all quoting him out of context. It is the liberal media. That's not what he meant. He's just telling it like it is so he shouldn't have to resign or apologize.
    Look at what Bill Clinotn did. Look at what Jimmy Carter did. Al Gore invented the internet. John Kerry isn't a war hero. Bush doesn't care about polls, but just wait until you hear the poll numbers on gay marriage.

These guys would make George Orwell blush.

as well as some folks around here.
    Here comes the defense:

"Before we talk about Ted Kennedy, let me tell you about liberal media bias and Hillary Clinton and a land deal..."

MSNBC Analyst Says 2nd Source Confirms Karl Rove as Plame Leaker

By Greg Mitchell

Published: July 02, 2005 1:00 PM ET

NEW YORK Now that Time Inc. has turned over documents to federal court, revealing who its reporter, Matt Cooper, identified as his source in the Valerie Plame/CIA case, speculation runs rampant on the name of that source. Lawrence O'Donnell, senior MSNBC political analyst, now claims that at least two sources have confirmed that the name is--top White House mastermind Karl Rove.

O'Donnell first offered this report Friday night on the syndicated McLaughlin Group political talk show. Today, he went beyond that, writing a brief entry at the Huffington Post blog:

"I revealed in yesterday's taping of the McLaughlin Group that Time magazine's e-mails will reveal that Karl Rove was Matt Cooper's source. I have known this for months but didn't want to say it at a time that would risk me getting dragged into the grand jury.

"McLaughlin is seen in some markets on Friday night, so some websites have picked it up, including Drudge, but I don't expect it to have much impact because McLaughlin is not considered a news show and it will be pre-empted in the big markets on Sunday because of tennis.

"Since I revealed the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative source. Too many people know this. It should break wide open this week. I know Newsweek is working on an 'It's Rove!' story and will probably break it tomorrow."

Here is the text of what O'Donnell said on Friday:

"What we're going to go to now in the next stage, when Matt Cooper's e-mails, within Time Magazine, are handed over to the grand jury--the ultimate revelation, probably within the week of who his source is.

"I know I'm going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this but the source of...for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove, and that will be revealed in this document dump that Time magazine's going to do with the grand jury."

Other McLaughlin Group panelists then joined in discussing whether, if true, this would suggest a perjury rap for Rove, if he told the grand jury he did not leak to Cooper.

Besides his career at a TV journalist, O'Donnell has served as a producer and writer for the series "The West Wing."

According to published reports, Patrick Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the case, has interviewed President Bush and Vice President Cheney and called Karl Rove, among others, to testify before the grand jury.

"The breadth of Fitzgerald's inquiry has led to speculation that it has evolved into an investigation of a conspiracy to leak Plame's identity," the Chicago Tribune observed on Friday, "or of an attempt to cover up White House involvement in the leak."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greg Mitchell (letters@editorandpublisher.com) is editor of E&P.

Links referenced within this article

letters@editorandpublisher.com
    mailto:letters@editorandpublisher.com

Find this article at:
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1000972841

MSNBC? Oh man, this isn't true until we hear it on Fox. Then I'll believe it.

"The breadth of Fitzgerald's inquiry has led to speculation that it has evolved into an investigation of a conspiracy to leak Plame's identity," the Chicago Tribune observed on Friday, "or of an attempt to cover up White House involvement in the leak."
    Wow. I sincerely hope for everyone's sake that the Bush White House wasn't that stupid. I hold them in awfully low esteem, but even I never considered they'd go that low or be that colossally clueless.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

According to published reports, Patrick Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the case, has interviewed President Bush and Vice President Cheney and called Karl Rove, among others, to testify before the grand jury.
    They better hope no one lied under oath, or the Republican Congress that holds truth so dear just might impeach someone. Yeah, right.

2006 is becoming more and more important.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Here's GAC's take on what Sandy Berger did with a CIA file. I'm sure it will be just as harsh on Karl Rove for blowing someone's cover.

... when you purposely pilfer from the National Archives, and then, "accidentally discard" highly classified terrorism documents that deal solely with the former adminstration inwhich you served.... then what are people to think/presume? No big deal?

What was in those documents that he felt he needed to go out on a limb and basically do such a STUPID act (and yes, a crime) by stealing and then destroying some of them?

Maybe some one can explain that to us all?
    And maybe you can explain this to us all there big guy, since you are so interested in the law.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 07-02-2005 at 03:28 PM.

One of the main things to remember here is the Bush quote about the leak.

"If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is," Bush told reporters at an impromptu news conference during a fund-raising stop in Chicago, Illinois. "If the person has violated law, that person will be taken care of.

"I welcome the investigation. I am absolutely confident the Justice Department will do a good job.

"I want to know the truth," the president continued. "Leaks of classified information are bad things."

He added that he did not know of "anybody in my administration who leaked classified information."

Bush said he has told his administration to cooperate fully with the investigation and asked anyone with knowledge of the case to come forward.

Looks like he chose his words pretty carefully here. 'If that person has violated law, that person will be taken care of.' Note he did not say will be punished or charged or expelled from his administration.

'Leaks of classified information are bad things' Bad things like what? A bad thing is something a child or dog does, you slap him on the wrist and move on.'

Sounds to me like he did know. Classic Bush administration lies, secrecy, endanger lives, shift blame, line pockets, and cover up.

Turn Off Ads?