Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rove Blew CIA Agent's Cover

Re: Rove Blew CIA Agent's Cover

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    Excuse me?
    Are you saying many Republicans didn't say that? And than not backpedaled?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Same ole stuff we heard about WMD. Remember, "If WMDs aren't found, I'll never support this President again." Tell us another one.
    Show me where any conservative on this forum said this? You can't. I did state at one time that if it was discovered, via an investigation, that this administration had purposely and with premeditation lied and fabricated evidence/intelligence in order to deceive the American people, then this President should be held accountable. And it's never been proven. Even the 9-11 Commission investigated and stated that. And I still don't think this President/adminstration did. You do; but that's what partisanship is all about.

Again RBA - you want this Prez held accountable over the lack of WMD; but you say nothing of your own leadership that was saying the very same things (they were the first to use the term "WMD"), before Bush was in office, and after he was elected. Why?

You accuse conservatives of wanting to make excuses (especialy on this thread with the Rove situation), and yet I've shown you where I stand.

So what is your excuse with Democratic leadership and WMD? Or do we need to go down this road again?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Time is the Revelator.

Are you saying many Republicans didn't say that? And than not backpedaled?
    Sorry, I don't speak for other people like you are fond of. Not sure why you continue to do so in this thread either.. give it up and let other people form an opinion on the situation. Oh, and no - that's not where you stop either - try to respect it as well. Kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    I agree, wagging this in people’s faces like it's a game of gotcha isn't very mature. This is a very serious issue, lets treat it that way. I tend to be pretty conservative, but if it's proven Rove did this, I hope he spends some time behind bars.
    I agree it's no reason for celebration and I applaud you for recognizing the gravity of the situation.

My fear is whether Rove did this of his own accord and kept it to himself afterward. The one has the potential to break containment real fast. For instance, if Rove sent the e-mail from inside the White House then White House CIO Carlos Solari should have been able to uncover it without much trouble. All it required was a mail target search and they'd have uncovered the leak. The information would be stored in the network at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. If Solari knows, then his boss Andy Card, Bush's Chief of Staff, has to know. Then the question becomes "How on earth didn't the President know about this if all of his closest aides did?" Obviously that's just a scenario. Rove might not have done it from the White House premises or on a remote device that he brought back and forth from the premises. I'm just trying to illustrate how quickly this sort of thing can take a turn down a really ugly alley.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Show me where any conservative on this forum said this? You can't. I did state at one time that if it was discovered, via an investigation, that this administration had purposely and with premeditation lied and fabricated evidence/intelligence in order to deceive the American people, then this President should be held accountable. And it's never been proven. Even the 9-11 Commission investigated and stated that. And I still don't think this President/adminstration did.

Again RBA - you want this Prez held accountable over the lack of WMD; but you say nothing of your own leadership that was saying the very same things (they were the first to use the term "WMD"), before Bush was in office, and after he was elected. Why?

You accuse conservatives of wanting to make excuses (especialy on this thread with the Rove situation), and yet I've shown you where I stand.

So what is your excuse with Democratic leadership and WMD? Or do we need to go down this road again?
    See: The Office of Special Plans

And now the Downing Street Memos.

Are you in denial they did not exist? The evidence was manufactured and you are still in denial.

Sorry, I don't speak for other people like you are fond of. Not sure why you continue to do so in this thread either.. give it up and let other people form an opinion on the situation.
    They can't. They've already informed us how we think. Get with the program!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    They can't. They've already informed us how we think. Get with the program!

If you guys are for finding out the truth. How about some Letters to the Editors and calls to your congressmen. And how about some pressure on the "liberal media" to cover the story. Put up or shut up time.

I guess it's not only the liberals who are acting like 3 year olds on this thread.

Time is the Revelator.

I guess it's not only the liberals who are acting like 3 year olds on this thread.
    Good job finding the irony and sarcasm there buddy.

Retired

This is the last warning I’m giving, discuss this like adults or don’t participate.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    This is the last warning I’m giving, discuss this like adults or don’t participate.
    Very little chance of that happening after the way the thread started, but good luck!

I, however, am going to sleep. Gotta work tonight.

If you guys are for finding out the truth. How about some Letters to the Editors and calls to your congressmen. And how about some pressure on the "liberal media" to cover the story. Put up or shut up time.
    Oh pul-lease! The media (liberal or conservative) doesn't need our help! What are we gonna tell or show them that they don't already know or haven't already discovered?

And I'm sure that my liberal friends on here were in a letter writing frenzy when anyone in their party broke the law or did anything unethical.

Ok. Does this express my disgust enough over this whole situation?

I agree that this thread should be closed. It quickly degenerated into a mean-spirited squabble with no intelligent discussion of the issue. And as glad as I am that Karl Rove is going to burn for this, we don't need the taunting.

I'm in favor of shutting this thread down and opening a new one on this topic.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I agree that this thread should be closed. It quickly degenerated into a mean-spirited squabble with no intelligent discussion of the issue. And as glad as I am that Karl Rove is going to burn for this, we don't need the taunting.

I'm in favor of shutting this thread down and opening a new one on this topic.
    Sounds like a good plan to me Johnny, if you would like to do the honors reposting it, go for it.

Turn Off Ads?