Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Reds vs. Astros (Game 2)

Re: 7/2 Reds vs. Astros (Game 2)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    8 hits from the top three spots in the lineup. I'll take it!
    This team doesn't suck as badly when his grievance isn't in the lineup!
    Before you lay into me, I only halfway mean this. I've always been a staunch Casey supporter but his antics lately have me on the verge of reconsidering my view of his importance to this, er, team.
    no laying into you from me. I agree 100%

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

FeLo sure is making it hard to continue missing Barry Larkin. But I do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    FeLo sure is making it hard to continue missing Barry Larkin. But I do anyway.

I miss Barry. I miss Davey. I miss Leo.

I still love FeLo's game.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Leo Sayre??? Dang, you're old! And with poor taste in music.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    O.K. Anyone want to tell me what a fair LTC for Felipe would be?
    If the site I looked at is right he is making $415,000 this year.
    Id consider a 4 or 5 year deal between $15 million and $20 million.

If the Reds let him know hes going to be the full time shortstop then I think it wont be hard to sign him... All I know is if he continues this, the Reds better sign him to a long term contract because he is showing good signs of being of the future shortstop for the Reds.

I just hope they dont do what they did with Dunn. If they are going to sign him, sign him this offseason and not those crappy 1 year deals either.

So Ortiz got the win! Bet he's REALLY 'happy' now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    I can't believe Felipe is this good. But a 275 25hr 85RBI guy I can probably see. I would offer 5yr 25mill and see if he would bite.
    Im sure he would bite as long as he knew he was going to be the full time shortstop.

thanks again for the game PBP, CTA513! And thanks to all who contributed! That was the first Reds game I've enjoyed in quite some while! Take care all and happy 4th of July!

And, congratulations in advance, '62 on your upcoming 10,000th post, o' prolific one!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    4-year, 20-million?
    That'd be mighty fair... for the Reds. I'm thinking maybe 4 years with an option for a 5th at $3M, $5M, $7 and $7 and if the 5th year is picked up, $8M with a $1M bonus.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Man I was really hoping Lopez would get that Double in his last ab for the cycle.

Game segue - Stop telling me you're old school and BE old school

Go back in time 1980s and think about what the manager would have done once Encarnacion got that one out single in the 8th. In fact, let's pick the managers of the Reds and Astros for the mid-to-late '80s for this little exercise - Pete Rose and Hal Lanier.

Let's see, young kid been struggling a bit at the plate, gets on first with a one-run lead in the bottom of the 8th. Kids' got good wheels and the guy on the mound is an easy read with NO move to boot. Oh yeah, veteran hitter at the plate too.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the kid would have been off the races in the first three pitches? Old school, the school where these modern managers claim to have matriculated, would have that kid playing some baseball. In fact the first base coach probably would have greeted him with "Time to cut it loose kid and show 'em you got game." When a manager like Rose or Lanier thought they had an advantage, they pressed it.

Yet instead of letting Encarnacion make something happen faux old school managers like Narron make him sit around and wait for something to happen ... and there's the rub. It's fine if these managers want to throw rocks at Billy Beane, but they're hardly making a case for an alternative form of baseball. Somewhere Jerry Narron, real old school baseball men like Whitey Ford are throwing rocks at you.

They say speed never slumps, that is unless you throw a cage around it. What galls me about these modern wannabe seamhead managers is they're getting in between their players and the game. They aren't aggressive and they don't look to take advantage at the micro level. It's too bad because I remember back when a kid named Eric Davis got off to a rocky start in 1986 and after swiping a few bases and making some highlight plays his bat came around (of course his manager also thought enough of him to hit him at the top of a veteran lineup).

Hey Jerry, stop sharing the constipation.
    Last edited by M2; 07-02-2005 at 10:31 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Game segue - Stop telling me you're old school and BE old school

Go back in time 1980s and think about what the manager would have done once Encarnacion got that one out single in the 8th. In fact, let's pick the managers of the Reds and Astros for the mid-to-late '80s for this little exercise - Pete Rose and Hal Lanier.

Let's see, young kid been struggling a bit at the plate, gets on first with a one-run lead in the bottom of the 8th. Kids' got good wheels and the guy on the mound is an easy read with NO move to boot. Oh yeah, veteran hitter at the plate too.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the kid would have been off the races in the first three pitches? Old school, the school where these modern managers claim to have matriculated, would have that kid playing some baseball. In fact the first base coach probably would have greeted him with "Time to cut it loose kid and show 'em you got game." When a manager like Rose or Lanier thought they had an advantage, they pressed it.

Yet instead of letting Encarnacion make something happen faux old school managers like Narron make him sit around and wait for something to happen ... and there's the rub. It's fine if these managers want to throw rocks at Billy Beane, but they're hardly making a case for an alternative form of baseball. Somewhere Jerry Narron, real old school baseball men like Whitey Ford are throwing rocks at you.

They say speed never slumps, that is unless you throw a cage around it. What galls me about these modern wannabe seamhead managers is they're getting in between their players and the game. They aren't aggressive and they don't look to take advantage at the micro level. It's too bad because I remember back when a kid named Eric Davis got off to a rocky start in 1986 and after swiping a few bases and making some highlight plays his bat came around (of course his manager also thought enough of him to hit him at the top of a veteran lineup).

Hey Jerry, stop sharing the constipation.
    "Let be be the finale of seem"

Wallace Stevens
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 07-02-2005 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    "Let be be the finale of seem"

Wallace Stevens
    If I'm ever in a band again, I'm writing a song called "Ice cream and insurance"
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    Man I was really hoping Lopez would get that Double in his last ab for the cycle.
    Would have been nice to see that
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?