Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone else see pink floyd's set?

WAGS

anyone else see pink floyd's set?

in the live8?

omgggg that was sweet.

PINK IS BACK

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: anyone else see pink floyd's set?

It was excellent. we were talking about it in first game thread.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Beautiful.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

La Dolce Vita

The old guys have still got it. My grown son, who heard me listening to them often enough when he was a tot, called me this afternoon to tell me, "Pink Floyd's back, Mom. You'd better turn on the tv." The Who rocked also, and Annie Lennox's 'Why' was beautiful and poignant.
    teach tolerance.

Darn good. Until the stupid DJ's cut in on Comfortably Numb.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop
    The old guys have still got it. My grown son, who heard me listening to them often enough when he was a tot, called me this afternoon to tell me, "Pink Floyd's back, Mom. You'd better turn on the tv." The Who rocked also, and Annie Lennox's 'Why' was beautiful and poignant.

Man, I can't believe I missed this. I love Floyd, the Who and Annie Lennox too.

What channel was it on? Are they going to replay it?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

WAGS

you will probably see it everywhere lol, i'm sure i could find it for you

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Man, I can't believe I missed this. I love Floyd, the Who and Annie Lennox too.

What channel was it on? Are they going to replay it?
    It was on MTV and VH1 live during the day, then ABC had some highlights in the evening. I have no idea if it will be replayed. I hope it did some good and gooses the G8 leaders into some strong action.
    teach tolerance.

Floyd was absolutely awesome last night. I just heard their set again on XM this morning. AOL music is rebroadcasting the concert right now. They are in the middle of the concert now so you should be able to see the Pink Floyd performance later this morning. You can see it here:

http://music.aol.com/live_8_concert/live_now

Hate to cast a dissenting vote, but from what I saw (except for Green Day), the music was boring ,I've seen it all before. Nothing new, nothing exciting, no imagination. Im as big a fan of the Who as the next guy, and I certainly don't think age has anything to do with the ability to make good music, but come on Pete, you guys are just embarrassing yourselves. I guess I'm just not into "Arena Rock". And the MTV commentators? Spare me.

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Hate to cast a dissenting vote, but from what I saw (except for Green Day), the music was boring ,I've seen it all before. Nothing new, nothing exciting, no imagination. Im as big a fan of the Who as the next guy, and I certainly don't think age has anything to do with the ability to make good music, but come on Pete, you guys are just embarrassing yourselves. I guess I'm just not into "Arena Rock". And the MTV commentators? Spare me.
    the who are really good live.

if you think green day was the best preformance there, then i don't know what to say.

pink floyd definatly stole the show

Wow, Pink Floyd was amazing. They were truly flawless, and they definitely did steal the show.
    And this one belongs to the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild

if you think green day was the best preformance there, then i don't know what to say.

I'm not a huge Floyd fan, but their set was impressive. They sounded great. Stevie Wonder did an excellent job, also.

I only saw Green Day's version of "We are the Champions" and it sounded horrible, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild

No, the Who used to be a great live band, maybe the best ever. Now they're just a bunch of old foggies palying their hits note for note.

I can't say much about Pink Floyd because MTV kept cutting away from their set so their idiotic hosts could say something inane.

I liked Green Day because they actually tried to do something different. I guess I'm one of those guys who likes bands who don't ever play a song the same way twice.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    I'm not a huge Floyd fan, but their set was impressive. They sounded great. Stevie Wonder did an excellent job, also.

I only saw Green Day's version of "We are the Champions" and it sounded horrible, IMO.
    What was so bad about GD's cover of "Champions"? It was a pretty faithful rendition and being a huge Queen fan, I thought it was pretty cool. One of their backing guitarists even had a Brian May replica guitar!

It's a shame that Queen + Paul Rodgers weren't available to perform (they were in Spain on tour.) Since Queen was the best band of Live Aid, it woulda been nice to see them come back for Live 8.

Turn Off Ads?