Turn Off Ads?

Thread: USA Today founder calls President Bush a Liar

USA Today founder calls President Bush a Liar

What Iraq needs is a Walter Cronkite

President Bush went on the air this week to pretend again that things are OK in Iraq. Shades of President Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam nearly 40 years ago.
    The most important similarity between Iraq and Vietnam is that both Democratic and Republican presidents lied to us in wartime. To refresh your memory, here's how we got out of the Vietnam quagmire:

Walter Cronkite, CBS-TV news anchor known as "the most trusted man in America," after a combat tour of Vietnam in 1968 declared, "There is no way this war can be justified any longer."

Johnson lamented to aides, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost middle America." He announced he would not run for re-election.

The crucial difference between Vietnam and Iraq is that there is no Cronkite to call Bush's bluff. Without a strong, trusted, non-political voice, too many of us remain Bush-blinded. Bush tried keeping the wool over our eyes again Tuesday on national TV by repeatedly tying Iraq to 9/11. That charge is as phony as his discredited prewar claim that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Most of us who have had personal war experiences strongly believe this great country is worth fighting for at risk of lives. My World War II Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman's Badge on the wall behind my desk remind me of that daily.

They also remind me that war is hell, that we must fully support our servicemen and women and put their lives at risk only for honest and just and noble causes.

That's why I'm convinced the best way to support our troops in Iraq is to bring them home. Sooner rather than later.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...neuharth_x.htm

Is the Main Stream Right Wing Media waking up?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: USA Today founder calls President Bush a Liar

gee-neuharth thinks bush is a liar---what a shock--half of america thinks bush cant brush his teeth right--gets old after awhile

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I think Hillary Clinton is a fraud and a liar. Do I get my own thread? I put my pants on one leg at a time like good ol' Al. I have two arms & two legs like good ol' Al.

Wait... Al owns his own rag. I guess that is the only difference that comes to mind. Other than our political beliefs of course. Hmmmm... wonder why I don't buy good ol' Al's rag? The color pics are pretty in his rag. Reminds me of rap videos on MTV... MUTE! Might be some pretty things to see, but nothing material to hear or read.

And good ol' Al is an expert. His service 60 years ago makes him an expert on Iraq (I wonder if really saw combat duty?). That and the plush office and multiple homes that he owns makes him an expert on Iraq.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I think Hillary Clinton is a fraud and a liar.
    Except I remember a lot of my tax dollars going toward investigating Hillary and coming up with zippo. I remember one summer long hearing chaired by Al D'Matto which was so embarrasing that he ended up apologizing. so while you're entitled to your opinion, you guys had your chance to investigate Hillary and you came up short.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Except I remember a lot of my tax dollars going toward investigating Hillary and coming up with zippo. I remember one summer long hearing chaired by Al D'Matto which was so embarrasing that he ended up apologizing. so while you're entitled to your opinion, you guys had your chance to investigate Hillary and you came up short.
    I dunno Mutaman...they got Bill to apologize for getting off with Monica, I'd say that was worth the millions of dollars invested into that inquiry.

The Drumbeats of Impreachment.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966

And good ol' Al is an expert. His service 60 years ago makes him an expert on Iraq (I wonder if really saw combat duty?). That and the plush office and multiple homes that he owns makes him an expert on Iraq.
    I think Bronze Star is worth a little something, whether the guy holds your views or not.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Info about the Bronze Star....

Bronze Star Medal
    The Bronze Star Medal is a United States Armed Forces individual military decoration and is the fourth highest award for bravery, heroism or meritorious service.

Bronze Star Medal
    General information
    The medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the military of the United States after December 6, 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

Awards may be made for acts of heroism, performed under circumstances described above, which are of lesser degree than required for the award of the Silver Star. Awards may also be made to recognize single acts of merit or meritorious service. The required achievement or service while of lesser degree than that required for the award of the Legion of Merit must nevertheless have been meritorious and accomplished with distinction.

The Bronze Star Medal is typically referred to by its full name (including the word Medal) to differentiate the decoration from bronze service stars which are worn on campaign medals.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?