Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prosportsdaily Reds Rumours! (Cards after Dunn.Kearns, Pena?), Indians after Dunn,...

Re: Prosportsdaily Reds Rumours! (Cards after Dunn.Kearns, Pena?), Indians after Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    The lig issue is something I'd certainly want a doctor to comment upon were I talking trade with the Birds. I thought it was odd he didn't get the TJ surgery last year. I figure the Cardinals made one of two choices - 1) Their interests in him are short-term and the ligament wouldn't affect that, 2) The ligament wasn't a big deal.

Obviously St. Louis will insist it's the second one.
    Yeah, I'd definitely want a doctor's opinion but I also remember what the docs told the Reds about Paul Wilson before they gave him millions after last season.

Right now I absolutely believe that St. Louis would like to pass of Wainwright as a healthy arm, but I view him as an extreme risk at this point. He was easily the #1 guy the Cards received for J.D. Drew but at this point I'd actually be more comfortable if he'd had surgery to repair the damage. That being said, I think we were somewhat fooled by the idea that everyone comes back successfully from TJ surgery when the Reds dealt for Claussen.

If the Cards don't want to give up Reyes and another high-level guy for either Pena or Kearns, I just move on to a team that has talent to burn with fewer warts.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prosportsdaily Reds Rumours! (Cards after Dunn.Kearns, Pena?), Indians after Dunn,...

Saw this on stlouissportsforum.

Memphis radio reported tonight after the Redbirds game that the Reds have scouted both Reyes and Wainwright. They said the Reds would probably take Wainwright in a deal for Adam Dunn, who the Cardinals are interested in, and a couple other players, not named Reyes.
    http://www.stlouissportsforum.com/fo...howtopic=21019
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Re: Prosportsdaily Reds Rumours! (Cards after Dunn.Kearns, Pena?), Indians after Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    If the Cards don't want to give up Reyes and another high-level guy for either Pena or Kearns, I just move on to a team that has talent to burn with fewer warts.
    I don't think there is any way that the Cards would trade Reyes alone for either Kearns or Pena let alone adding another prospect. Dunn maybe, but not for Kearns or Pena.

Re: Prosportsdaily Reds Rumours! (Cards after Dunn.Kearns, Pena?), Indians after Dunn,...

Kearns earned himself a lower level prospect if we traded him (due to his twinkie physique and low numbers) but Pena and Dunn demand much higher than names not Reyes. Pena has a ceiling nobody can determine and Dunn, well, we know his story. If a team wants either of these players, they will have to perform a prison posture (excuse the visual) to get one of them.

Turn Off Ads?