Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with your name?

Re: Are you happy with your name?

whatever happened to richard hand? Is he the dude that had that newsletter or whatever?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kristin is a pretty name... My sister's name was Lauren, and I think that's a nice name too, so I guess my mom did a decent job picking out names. Kristin Elizabeth and Lauren Melissa.

When I was a freshman in high school, I decided out of nowhere one day that my name should be Allison. So I instructed everyone to call me Allison. It worked for a couple days, then faded out. My softball coach couldn't quite get used to it.

I'm so weird sometimes.

(If I had been a boy, my father wanted me to be William Edward IV. My mom wanted Kyle William. Just a slight difference there!!!) :
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

my name is tony...been called tony spumoni, tony macaroni, tony baloney (yes, i know it's bologna)...you get the drift...

it's a good name for an italian kid like me

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Like my name a lot. I was surprised and disturbed to see that it moved into the 100 most popular baby names for 2004 (#91). I prefer to have a unique name. My wife and I intend to pick the most unique yet dignified names we can think of, when we finally decide to lose our virginity and make babies.
    Stick to your guns.

My cousin entered fatherhood when he was almost 50. Had a son, and they named him George. Like his father, my cousin, and his father, my uncle before him. So, the youngest George was George III.

When cousin George was little, the family referred to him as Little George as opposed to his father, my uncle "Big George." So, the "littlest" George was called "Baby George" or "B. G." for short. When B. G. got to be about 9, someone asked him what it stood for, and he did not know. He was NOT HAPPY when he found out.

My name is properly "Sandra." But please don't call me that. "Sandy" is just fine, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    My cousin entered fatherhood when he was almost 50. Had a son, and they named him George. Like his father, my cousin, and his father, my uncle before him. So, the youngest George was George III.

When cousin George was little, the family referred to him as Little George as opposed to his father, my uncle "Big George." So, the "littlest" George was called "Baby George" or "B. G." for short. When B. G. got to be about 9, someone asked him what it stood for, and he did not know. He was NOT HAPPY when he found out.

My name is properly "Sandra." But please don't call me that. "Sandy" is just fine, thank you.
    George story is similar to what happened in my Dad's family. There are 3 Bige's - unusual name - the "i" is long BTW rhyming with guise. Not to be confusing it's Big Bige, Little Bige and Bad Bige.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

There's about 1 million guys with my exact same name. From high school on there's been mass confusion. Another guy wit my name got called to the principle's office by mistake once.

In every place I've worked, there's been at least one other person with my name who winds up getting many of my emails, etc....

But I like the name.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    There's about 1 million guys with my exact same name. From high school on there's been mass confusion. Another guy wit my name got called to the principle's office by mistake once.

In every place I've worked, there's been at least one other person with my name who winds up getting many of my emails, etc....

But I like the name.
    I have dated at least four guys that have the same first name as you. And three with the same first name as Krono.

At one point I swore off all Matts and Mikes, and just for fun, Marks too.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I have dated at least four guys that have the same first name as you. And three with the same first name as Krono.

I've dated three Mikes... No Matts, but I definitely dated a Jamie. Of course, the first thing I said to him when I met him was, "You have a girl's name." Hey, I was a bit intoxicated, ok?? : He was really sweet to me, though, even though I did insult him at first.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    I've dated three Mikes... No Matts, but I definitely dated a Jamie. Of course, the first thing I said to him when I met him was, "You have a girl's name." Hey, I was a bit intoxicated, ok?? : He was really sweet to me, though, even though I did insult him at first.
    I used to have a huge crush on a guy in my high school named Jamie. He was a couple years older than me.

Talk about weird!

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed

Yeesh..Matts giving us good Matts a bad name
    Go Gators!

my father wanted me to be William Edward IV
    My father almost named me that, but my mother forbid it. My initials would have been W.E.W. IV.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    My father almost named me that, but my mother forbid it. My initials would have been W.E.W. IV.
    My initials are G.A.G.

I love my name...it is just obscure enough to be cool but not totally off the wall. It also allows me to do cool things with my signature.

When I went away to school I had five roommates, only two of whom I'd met before... every one of them had the same first name (including me), which is why I go by my middle name now. Still do, and so - last I heard - do they.

If someone addresses me by my first name over the phone, I immediately interrupt them and ask "how did you get this number? I don't know you!" Sometimes I swap out "I don't know you!" for "That's my purse!" ... you know, just to keep things fresh.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?