Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York out early...London gets the 2012 games.

Re: New York out early...London gets the 2012 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I blame Donald Trump and the Apprentice. That stupid chick forgot the American Flag!!!

Actually, I'm glad the games aren't in NY. That's the last thing that place and our national security needs is several million foreigners decending on it.
    I hate to break the news to you but several million foreigners (give or take a few) already live in new York. Thats what makes it New York.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Wall Street Journal reports on page A1 today that French President Jacques Chirac was overheard a few days ago saying of Britain: "You can't trust a nation with such bad cuisine," that British food was the worst in Europe except for Finland ( I wonder if any Finns were on the Olympic selection committee), and that the only contribution the British had "made to agriculture is mad cow."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    The Wall Street Journal reports on page A1 today that French President Jacques Chirac was overheard a few days ago saying of Britain: "You can't trust a nation with such bad cuisine," that British food was the worst in Europe except for Finland ( I wonder if any Finns were on the Olympic selection committee), and that the only contribution the British had "made to agriculture is mad cow."
    It's not even their cuisine:
    From Answers.com...

In the year 1533
    Food & agriculture

Catherine de Medici marries the future King Henry II of France and brings forks, meals with separate courses, and serious cuisine from Italy into France for the first time. French cuisine as we know it today will grow from this Italian beginning.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    Here is my advice to each and every one of you:

Start saving now and plan on taking your summer vacation in 2012 to London.

(If you simply save $5 / week every week for the next 7 years, and earn a meager 5% annual return on your savings, you'll have roughly $2,500 at your disposal for London 2012. Add in what you'd normally spend on a summer vacation that year, as well as scaled back holiday / birthday / anniversary plans in 2012, and you'd have plenty of jack for airfare, accomodations, and tickets to various events.)

Witnessing first-hand the '96 Summer Games was truly one of the more memorable experiences of my life. Everyone should experience it at least once.
    **puts 5 bucks away**

I actually do plan to try and make these games, being in an English speaking country is a plus
    Go Gators!

Bump.

We're going!

For 4 years, we've been banking the copious FF miles and hotel points that Mrs. fan racks up for her work travel. And we have a friend in London who put in our request for tickets during the ticket lottery this spring. Just found out that we got tickets to a couple of events.

London 2012. We'll be there.

And you know what the best part of it all is?

Our daughter will spend her 9th birthday in London at the Olympics.

Great Parents? Or Greatest Freaking Parents Ever?

Turn Off Ads?