Turn Off Ads?

Thread: McDonald's turns to Tommy for new togs

McDonald's turns to Tommy for new togs

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=54597

McDonald's turns to Tommy for new togs
    15:59 AEST Wed Jul 6 2005
    AAP
    AP - Workers at McDonald's fast food stores in the US could soon be wearing uniforms designed by Tommy Hilfiger and Sean "P Diddy" Combs.

The hamburger chain is seeking a high-profile fashion designer to give its 300,000 US workers a trendy, stylish new look.

And it says Hilfiger and Combs are among its top choices to design new employee uniforms.

"It's about taking the contemporary look and feel of our restaurants and embodied in our advertising, and incorporating that into our employees' business attire," McDonald's spokesman Bill Whitman said.

"The desire is to create uniforms that our crews would want to wear outside the restaurant environment."

Whitman said the company has not yet chosen any designers.

New York brand consultant Steve Stoute said possible candidates include Russell Simmons' Phat Farm label, Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani, American Eagle and P. Diddy's Sean John label.

The uniform plan is an extension of McDonald's ongoing effort to shape its image as a hip, active brand.

Stoute, who originally was hired to help launch the I'm lovin' it campaign in 2003, recruited singer Justin Timberlake to promote McDonald's.

İAAP 2005
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: McDonald's turns to Tommy for new togs

Will the Sean John or Hilfiger uniforms still smell like french fry grease at the end of the day?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Will the Sean John or Hilfiger uniforms still smell like french fry grease at the end of the day?
    Good point, Johnny. I for one always choose my fast-food joint based on the clothing that the employees are wearing. Facial piercings on emloyees gives the establishment extra credit points in my fast-food log too. Hip clothing and attitude go a long way in deciding which grease-pit I choose.

Personally... I'd really do the McD's thing if they got some of those Abercrombie models with the clothes from the catatog (or lack thereof...) working full-time.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

This is so typical. News flash to McDonalds.. your sales are falling because your food sucks What a waste of money by the coorporation. What's funny is they believe these uniforms will be so stylish that it will be "cool" to wear a McD's uniform I worked at that place as a teen, believe me, it's hard to pick up girls in a Ronald Outfit
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

WAGS

wendy's4lyfe

Will I still be able to order a Quizzarter Pizzounder?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Will I still be able to order a Quizzarter Pizzounder?

Man Pills

When I was in grad school and Tommy Hilfiger was reaching its early peak popularity, I was in a T.J. Maxx (because I was poor as dirt and needed discount clothing), when a little kid came up to me and pointed out this shirt which read: "Tommy Middlefinger." He asked me if I was going to buy it. I thought about it. He laughed and walked away.

Any brand with any prestige at all ought to run away, and fast.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?