Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Love Little League Baseball

Re: I Love Little League Baseball

Well, I love football as well. Other than a stray post or two, I didn't have much to say here regarding my then 13 and 9 year old sons' baseball seasons this past spring and summer. They both did fine though. My now 14 year old got to play legion ball for the same guy who was my high school baseball coach, which was neat.
    My now 14 year old son played organized football for the first time in his life this fall for his Wayne Middle School team. He did well playing defensive back and wide receiver. Anyway, tonight Wayne played Ceredo-Kenova for the county championship. In two overtimes, the Wayne Pioneers prevailed, 20-14.
    It was funny in a way. My own son didn't get to play that much tonight, and logically I realize that there is no basis to say that the 13 and 14 year old kids are the Wayne team were any more deserving to win the game than the 13 and 14 year old kids on the C-K team. No matter---even though I graduated from Wayne High School 33 years ago, C-K was our biggest rival then, and beating them now was still sweet.
    When Wayne scored the winning TD in overtime, and I knew my son had played on a championship team, I turned my face away from my wife, embarassed by the tears in my eyes. Illogical or not, I'm thrilled for my son--they won!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

C-K was a juggernaut when you were in school, RedsBaron. Congratulations on defeating the "Wonders," and a championship season!

My son, Matt, finished up his regular season of fall baseball last night. We had a real good season, finishing 11-3. We still have a double elimination tournament to play. Matt pitched 2 innings last night with 5 K's.

He finished his first season of "kid pitch" with a .541 batting average, a .650 OBP and 17 RBI. He pitched 13 2/3 inning with 25 strikeouts and threw 61% strikes. I was real happy with his first season playing against older boys (10-11 year olds) with "live" pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    My son, Matt, finished up his regular season of fall baseball last night. We had a real good season, finishing 11-3. We still have a double elimination tournament to play. Matt pitched 2 innings last night with 5 K's.

He finished his first season of "kid pitch" with a .541 batting average, a .650 OBP and 17 RBI. He pitched 13 2/3 inning with 25 strikeouts and threw 61% strikes. I was real happy with his first season playing against older boys (10-11 year olds) with "live" pitching.
    Congrats! I think your son should be in the Reds rotation next season. He sounds like he's much than what we have at the present.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post

Fantastic!
    Please tell Matt that my offer to be his agent is still open.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

That's awesome, Matt.

Still waiting on the autograph.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?