Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough call on this trade offer...

Re: Tough call on this trade offer...

Thanks for the info, RL. Unfortunately, I turned down the original offer to see if I could get a little more for Glaus. The guy offering the deal immediately traded Helton to the second-place team (the guy I'm fighting off for first place) for...get this...Grady Sizemore. Clearly an unfair deal. I asked him about it, and he replied that he only did it out of spite -- he wanted to help my nearest competitor and keep me from winning the league. Nice.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Man, that sucks.

You might want to try and shop Glaus around to see what you can get for him, regardless.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Glaus for Vernon Wells?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Glaus for Vernon Wells?
    Not bad. Can you post your entire roster and league settings so I can see if Wells would be too much of a surplus, or whether he would benefit you?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I wouldn't trade Glaus for Vernon Wells - ever.

Sheltonmassacre

Id say stay put Johnny. Sounds like the other parties percieved value of glaus maybe really high. Id shoot for the stars although Glaus' back has been bothering him.
    Last edited by Sheltonmassacre; 07-26-2005 at 03:36 PM.

Well, here's how it went down a couple of weeks ago...

I declined the original offer of Helton for Glaus and countered with Teixiera for Glaus -- just to see how badly he wanted him. I explained that it would really be like Glaus and Helton for Teixiera, since Helton had been riding the bench on this guy's team. Rather than post a counter-offer, he screamed that the deal was unfair and that I was trying to cheat him.

A couple of hours later, he traded Helton to the second-place team for...Grady Sizemore. A lot of people in our league are asleep at the wheel at this point in the season, so not enough people protested the trade. After it went through, he posted a long message on the league bulletin board saying that he traded Helton to the second place guy because he couldn't stand to see me win the league, so he'd do whatever it took to prevent that from happening. Then he dropped Sizemore.

Funny thing is, my lead is still growing even after the trade...

Sheltonmassacre

Maybe Ill keep my advise to myself if its gonna get you hollered at.

Nah, keep the advice coming. That other dude is a complete head case. He's just upset because we bet a $100 bottle of tequila on who would finish higher in the standings, and he's pretty much guaranteed to lose that bet.

This is why I never play for money.. It brings out the worse in people.

People are spiteful enough in competition without having $$ color their judgement.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?