Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alfred!!!! RZers after hours! -- the redszone after game thread

Re: Alfred!!!! RZers after hours! -- the redszone after game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    I was there.

I saw the whole thing.

It was beautiful.

Before it started, Zombie suggested that people drink whenever Tracy Joney mentioned the fact that "he plate the game." So, the first question was "How about Eric Davis"? Jones: "Well, I played with him" [drink] "I was in left next to him," [drink] "I saw him catch this ball" [drink] "Later in the locker room," [drink].

Zombie was, shall we say, true to his name.

Oh sorry! I missed you Redsland and was Unassisted there too???
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Oh sorry! I missed you Redsland and was Unassisted there too???
    Yep.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Never wished I was in Cincy more than now. Sounds like I missed a hell of a good time.

This is the most post modern thing to ever happen on RZ.

Dieter would like now to do a dance for you.

Tremble as I rock you.

School's out. What did you expect?

Time is the Revelator.

Was this saved anywhere? I've gotta listen.

It was a great time last night. I got there a little late but just in time to look up and see Alfred up there talking to Tracy and Seg. That just started things off. For the record, the couple that were told to "get a room" were not RZers. Puffy wanted to go up and ask a question about minor league phenom Jim Coombs but said Rosie wouldn't let him. The funniest part of the night came right after that when GAC asked me who Jim Coombs was. I said, "Why don't you ask him?" So he turns to Puffy and asks him, "Who the (heck) is Jim Coombs?" Puffy said, "You're looking at him" and even pulled out his driver's license to prove it. I was ROTFL! I had to hold Creek back when some guy - not the kid - started dogging on Dunn. Later, when the kid was up there saying all he does is strike out and hit HRs, Creek was yelling at him calling him an idiot. GAC was really getting in Seg's grill about Dunn hitting higher in the lineup and Tracy was actually saying that he'd think about that and get back to him on the show tomorrow. So give Tracy a little bit of credit, he didn't reject the notion out of hand. But Tracy wouldn't criticize Miley because "He's a friend of mine." :rolleyes I guess Felipe was supposed to show up but he never made it. As far as I know, there wasn't anyone from RedsZone that got on the mike who haven't been identified already. We certainly had a great time there last night and I enjoyed meeting all the out of towners who I haven't met previously. And, of course, it was good to see familiar faces too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

OK. Finally made it home. First thing I did when I got out of the car was kiss the driveway!

I'm tired as hell, so I'll try not to be too long-winded.

I want to first off THANK Chip for allowing me to stay with him these last couple of days. It was much appreciated buddy!

What a weekend! These Redszone gatherings get better and better every year. But I don't know how we can top last night.

We were sitting at a group of tables right next to the WLW stand. And after Alfred went up I said we, as Redszonians, cannot let this opportunity pass us by. And when Zombie got up there (chains and all), Jim Combs and I felt that this was Redszone's time. We were all definitely wired after that great game.

I talked more in-depth with Tracey and Seg before they went on air. All I can say is don't judge them totally by their "on-air" personalities. They're there to play off the audience and each other. They like being the antagonists.

Off air I asked Jones what he thought of Miley's lineups - he smiled and said he likes Miley as a friend. So that is why I went back when they were live and asked them the question again. I wanted to use that as a "springboard" for the positioning of Dunn in this lineup. And Puffy did a great job afterwards in following up on that.

Puffy and I make a great team.

And it was Seg who didn't know what OPS was. Jones told him that it is OB% + SLG%. When I asked them why Dunn shouldn't be batting 2nd (which Tracey didn't disagree with me on), it was Seg that brought up that Dunn K's too much. And I give Jones credit for correcting Seg and say that is totally over-rated.

But Puffy is absolutely right about Bonds.

We tried to caox some of the women of Redszone to the mike; but they all got bashful all of a sudden.

We definitely got our Redszone plugs in though. Both of them said they were gonna visit there and browse.

Felipe Lopez was suppose to be there, but didn't show. But overall, it was a splendid time.

Got to meet alot of new people. You really can't get to know someone until you meet them in person.... Puffy, Roy Tucker, Red Leader, ochre, Unassisted, Old Righthander, LetsGoJunior, Sandy and Alfred. And then there was the regular motley crew (Teamsters, creek and hubby, Boss, Chip, Rosie, SuperBarry).

Did I miss anyone?

The HOF visit was excellent. People - you have to see this! And Sandy was a big help with her vast knowledge of baseball history. And the highlight was getting to meet/talk with ex-Red SS Leo Cardenas. I told him that for me growing up in the 60's, and before there was a Concepcion and a Larkin, he was one of the players I idolized.

I also got to meet the Red's #1 pick - Jay Bruce. I asked him if he could pitch?

I took about 60 pics folks, and I'll get them posted as soon as possible. But rigght now I'm going to hit the sack - I gotta work tonight!

We went to another bar over in Newport after Gameday... and all I can say is that Puffy likes to dance on tables to good German music.

Again - An excellent weekend.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nice free plugs last night on the Extra Innings show everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Nice free plugs last night on the Extra Innings show everyone....
    Matt is there anyway of getting a recap of the show on WLW's website?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Matt is there anyway of getting a recap of the show on WLW's website?
    I don't think we do that....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    We went to another bar over in Newport after Gameday... and all I can say is that Puffy likes to dance on tables to good German music.
    We're pros'ting, we're pros'ting.......

Man, I love that place.

Dang, I'm kicking myself for missing the excitement last night. I'm sure I'll get the full recap from Creek this week.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

GAC, quit making out with the driveway and post some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Before it started, Zombie suggested that people drink whenever Tracy Jones mentioned the fact that "he played the game." So, the first question was "How about Eric Davis"? Jones: "Well, I played with him" [drink] "I was in left next to him," [drink] "I saw him catch this ball" [drink] "Later in the locker room," [drink].
    Boy hope Z is ok today then
    Go Gators!

I listened to this on the way home from the game last night and every single time I heard someone on the mic say something that sounded like a RZer I told my wife 'hey that's one of ours'. And lo and behold most everytime it was. It was freakin hilarious to hear people talking about Krispy and Tracy not understanding OPS and the mention of Raisor etc etc etc.

Kudos to everyone there, and next time we'll join you guys!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hopefully you heard a plug or two. I can't remember; did anyone remember to plug RedsZone?

Turn Off Ads?