Turn Off Ads?

Thread: More of the World According to Ted Nugent...

For a Level Playing Field

More of the World According to Ted Nugent...

The Nuge is never one to hold back w/ his thoughts.

RockyMountTelegram.com (www.rockymounttelegram.com) has issued the following report from Robert Winterode:

AUSTIN, Texas — As Motor City Madmen go, Jack White (WHITE STRIPES) and EMINEM have nothing on 57-year-old TED NUGENT.

The self-described "Rosa Parks with a guitar and a raised middle finger" might be bringing his right-wing politics-on-steroids to the Michigan Governor's Mansion.

He's considering a "high-percentage maybe" run for the office. He yells at me his platform, which includes something about "cops that have their legs blown off and soldiers who are in wheelchairs and children with leukemia, who don't get the money because some fat pig welfare brat is sitting on his worthless (expletive)"

The NRA board member, Fox News talking head and author of books such as Gods, Guns, And Rock 'N' Roll, Blood Trails 2 and Kill It & Grill It: A Guide To Preparing And Cooking Wild Game And Fish recently moved his family — his wife, Shemane, and the four kids — to Crawford, Texas because he liked the school system there. Nugent divides his time between Crawford and a home near Jackson, Mich., and maintains Michigan residency. The staunch guns advocate taught his children to shoot with BB and cork guns before they even entered elementary school.

Five years ago, Nugent ignited a controversy in Texas when he opened for KISS in Houston, San Antonio and Austin. His "If you can't speak English, then get the (expletive) out of America" statements enraged Hispanic groups such as the League of United Latin American Citizens, which called for a boycott of his concerts and merchandise. The organization's state director, Roger Rocha, declined to comment on Nugent's upcoming visit to Austin on Wednesday, saying, "We respect Mr. Nugent, his opinions and his music." Nugent has returned to Austin since the 2000 concert without incident.

In an hour-long phone interview, Nugent held forth on politics, music, his Austin brunch buddy and even Tom and Katie. He also called the interviewer a "liberal chimp" with allegiance to those "pathetic hippies in Austin." But in a nice way.

Nugent on hunting: "Certainly, there's a powerful folklore dynamic to a grizzly bear, an elephant, a rhino, buffalo and lions. And I've killed all of those things...

"I share campfires, Robert, with terminally ill children, soldiers who have given up their legs and arms and eyes so that I can go hunting, so that you can have a career and I can have a career and we can go barbecuing and we could be the best that we can be and travel across state lines without the Gestapo and the French stopping us."

On "the kill": "The kill itself is such a brief hiccup in time. You know it's misrepresentative and I believe anti-symbolic of what hunting surely is... I'd rather frame the exultation and the gushing of emotional and spiritual celebration, regarding any and all hunts in more (the idea of) who are you with."

On eating Nugent-style: For his beef supply, he relies on a few "conscientious organic producers." For most everything else he hunts. "There's nothing more pure and organic than critters of the hoof... If I've been smart about anything in life, it's that at the tender age of 57, there's not a city in America where there isn't one of my fellow brothers with something dead and fresh over mesquite waiting for me. Is that beautiful or what?"

On his favorite arthropod: "(The botanists) come to my ranch in Michigan every year, where I have a wonderful specialized wetlands known as a fen... the only piece of ecosystem in North America where the Mitchell's Satyr Butterfly is thriving, an endangered species everywhere, except on Ted Nugent's property."

On Texas Gov. Rick Perry: "I understand he is a good hunter... When I come to Austin, I'm even more fortified because I typically have a Tex-Mex brunch with the governor at the mansion there... So it's really the best of all worlds." (Perry's media spokeswoman Kathy Walt confirms that Nugent and Perry talk and exchange e-mails. "They get along very well," she says.)

On the "speak English" controversy: "You've heard the horror story of the dumbing-down of America. Part of that dumbing-down is also the chiseling away of true independence, which drove the original immigration dreamers coming through Ellis Island... They knew they had to read those English words while they're pushing the broom, while they're sewing those garments, while they're doing that dry cleaning, while they're picking that fruit, while they're working on those shoes, you know what I mean? That era of work ethic towers over the current (one) of 'no comprende.' "

On why he appreciates Michael Moore: "He's quite a beast of burden, isn't he? Nothing makes me look better than Michael Moore. He stands for everything I don't believe in and I stand for everything he doesn't believe in."

On Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: "I see a lot of smiles. I love when people are happy. She's a bomber. She's stunning. He's a handsome young man and a brilliant actor unto himself."

On what he would do in the event of a "War of the Worlds"-like alien invasion: "I'm privy to some firepower dynamics that your average civilian is not and we would just wipe the (expletives) out. And then we'd probably sauté them and use them for bait and kill some bear over their carcasses."

On why he sports the Confederate flag at his concerts: "(It's) a historical symbol of a lifestyle and a freedom and an independence below the Mason-Dixon line that many great men and women gave up their lives for during the Civil War. To me, it represents a certain defiance against federalism, a certain defiance against other people telling you how to live your life. And I wear it because I'm a big fan of defiance."

On guns: "You should be able to put the second bullet in the same hole as the first bullet. That's gun control. I think good gun control is that no felons should have any access to firearms."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More of the World According to Ted Nugent...

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966

"If you can't speak English, then get the (expletive) out of America" ...

On Texas Gov. Rick Perry: "I understand he is a good hunter... When I come to Austin, I'm even more fortified because I typically have a Tex-Mex brunch with the governor at the mansion there... "
    I wonder what he asks for when he orders an enchilada?

The self-described "Rosa Parks with a guitar and a raised middle finger" might be bringing his right-wing politics-on-steroids to the Michigan Governor's Mansion.

He's considering a "high-percentage maybe" run for the office.
    I really hope so. It'd be awfully fun to watch him get crushed by a Democrat. A female Democrat to boot.

Not that he'll be able to run as anything other than an independent, but still.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    I wonder what he asks for when he orders an enchilada?
    That's not english? I've been eating Mexican food since I can remember, so I thought it was english...

Seriously, the english language, especially American english, is so full of foreign words, what is exactly the english Ted's talking about???
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    what is exactly the english Ted's talking about???
    "I'll take one of them there wrappy things, that's got the beef n' cheese and that red sauce. Whoo-ee, I love that red sauce!"

I'm sure if he won, someone would make an assassination attempt with a flaming-arrow.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

On guns: "You should be able to put the second bullet in the same hole as the first bullet. That's gun control. I think good gun control is that no felons should have any access to firearms."

Uncle Ted just totally rocks. Great article RFA66. Thanks for sharing it.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Question 1: Hey Ted, what were you doing between 1968 and 1975? I think I know one place you wern't. Tell us how you got that deferment again. You went how many days without taking a bath?

Question 2: Hey Ted, how much money did you make as a member of the Amboy Dukes playing songs about LSD-inspired psychedelia and puting a bunch of drug paraphanalia on your album covers? What was "Journey to the center of the Mind" about again?

Qustion 3. Hey Ted, did you really defend playing in South Africa by saying: "My being there (South Africa) isn't going to affect any political structure. Besides, apartheid isn't that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal."

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966

AUSTIN, Texas — As Motor City Madmen go, Jack White (WHITE STRIPES) and EMINEM have nothing on 57-year-old TED NUGENT.
    Other than talent. Its bad enough he's a chicken hawk hypocrite, its the fact that hes a chicken hawk hypocrite without any talent that upsets me.

As Ted's good friends the Japanese say: There is no medicine that will cure a fool.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 07-11-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Sorry, I have to agree with the statement about speaking English. Hell most of what he says isn't untrue, in this article.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Nugent's feet have been in his mouth so many times, he can't even feel them there anymore.

I knew there had to be an ulterior motive in his move to Texas. Whatever election he decides to dip his numb toe into should be lively. And if he should win, we'll see how long he continues with the over-the-top rhetoric. Reality is a great counterweight for rhetoric.

Probably the only reason Perry spends any time with him is to keep him out of next year's governor's race. He's already got a primary opponent who calls herself "one tough Grandma." The last thing he needs is another primary opponent who plays guitar.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?