Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone needs to grow up here. Time to end the Trojan War

Re: Everyone needs to grow up here. Time to end the Trojan War

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Whatever, quite frankly, I don't think he's a new person at all.
    Don't some of the mods have the capability to find that out? I know when I signed on as TeamRanda - paint knew right away who I was...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I only negged what he decided to do with his signature, and I told him that.
    I ding people for a paltry 2 points. I've dinged maybe 2 people since I got ORG posting access.

I made him my 3rd when he put a list in his signature of the people who had negatized him. That's a classless move that someone with an ounce of internet saavy would know better than.

The point of the reputation system, I thought, was to discourage behavior such as this. Instead of learning that there are standards in place at RZ for how things get done, he has chosen to try and antagonize the community. I like RZ because behavior like that is few and far between, and I'd kinda like to keep it that way.

/RANT
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Everyone please understand maybe it is to soon but I am just trying to lets move on and have a smile with my little quiffs. It is over, and I am sure Achilles will change his sig after he has logged on.

On another note:
    Don't Mods have the power to change sigs, cause I remember signing in one day and my signature had mysteriously changed and I just figured someone took offense or thought someone might take offense and they had changed it, no biggie..
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems.. ~Homer J Simpson~

Trojans for everybody, I say.

They call me "chef"

I say the rules should be totally subjective to whoever breaks them. If the perpetrator is your friend, I say sweep it under the rug and don't acknowledge it. As long as they have a perfectly good reason for breaking the rules it should be fine.
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 07-12-2005 at 09:10 AM.

Huh? What's you talkin about Willis?

This is news to me, but I was also gone from 7/2-9 and didn't have much access until yesterday. I'll also be away from 7/13-17 and I don't have enough time to read through all posts in question. If anyone would like to PM me a synopsis who is aware or involved with achilles, it'd be much appreciated.

Yep, I gave Achilles neg rep points. Isn't the first, won't be the last list I make. I read through his rant on how rude folks are on this board, he asked someone to neg him to get it over with, so I obliged. It strikes a nerve with me when a person new to a community comes into the community and starts telling folks they are rude, doing things that they don't like, etc. From the little bit I've seen, the dings are well deserved.

Of course, its funny to see the unwritten rules being written about when its ok to ding a post, what is allowed to be dinged, etc. I don't follow them, rebel that I am :
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Yep, I gave Achilles neg rep points. Isn't the first, won't be the last list I make. I read through his rant on how rude folks are on this board, he asked someone to neg him to get it over with, so I obliged. It strikes a nerve with me when a person new to a community comes into the community and starts telling folks they are rude, doing things that they don't like, etc. From the little bit I've seen, the dings are well deserved.

Of course, its funny to see the unwritten rules being written about when its ok to ding a post, what is allowed to be dinged, etc. I don't follow them, rebel that I am :
    Same here- I neged him for the same thing. I didn't call him names, like he did me in PM. I didn't put him in a sig. And Rem, you said you weren't surprised by who was on his list, or words to that effect- do you mean me? I don't ever remember having problems with you.

If Achilles plays it cool I have no problem with him. I don't even care if he PMs me calling me names again. It is just a PM. But if he posts again about neg rep poiints and our rudeness I will probably ding him again. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen.
    Last edited by 919191; 07-12-2005 at 10:18 AM.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I just want to say that I was kind of pissed off this morning. I don't hold any grudges against anyone on "the list", and I hope the feeling is mutual.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I just want to say that I was kind of pissed off this morning. I don't hold any grudges against anyone on "the list", and I hope the feeling is mutual.
    I've never made a "list" before. I am kinda proud!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    I've never made a "list" before. I am kinda proud!
    Maybe we could do a Summer Sanders "The Sports List" spoof with the Top 5 posters on RedsZone.......

(BTW - I do not condone watching that show. Only unless you want to see a half-naked Summer Sanders. Having Bernie Mac discuss Mike Tyson is like your car mechanic giving you financial planning advice - I think it was worse than I, Max.)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Based on recent conversations, I no longer think this he is a ghost of trolls past. My only issue was his signature. I'm willing to overlook everything including the snotty private message, and give him a second chance. I'd hope that he'd ditch the sig and start fresh too.

I've changed the signature and sent him a message about it.

Turn Off Ads?