Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone needs to grow up here. Time to end the Trojan War

Everyone needs to grow up here. Time to end the Trojan War

Ok, so last night I exchanged some talk with one of our newest posters Achiles. Quite frankly, I am appauled at the wolfpack of members that are ganging up on this newbie. And I am also disappointed that some of the admins are basically enabling this behavior.

I am not going to call out any names from his infamous list, but it is kind of ironic that one of those posters had sincere concerns about the rep system being abused when it was formed. Another poster through a huge fit the first time a troll dinged him for 1 rep point. Yet, they seem to forget that a newbie getting slammed his first day is going to get upset and vent.

I had insommnia last night, so I read every one of his posts (didn't put me to sleep, unfortunately). I can't find a single post of on the baseball side that deserved a neg. The nonbaseball thread got a little out of hand, but try to understand his frustration.

Was he right to post "the list"? Probably not. Was he right to participate in flame wars via PM. Nope. But I talked to him and told him I would make this post in the morning. He agreed to stop posting his list and stop the flaming if people will just back off and leave him alone. So let's give him a fresh start.

I'd also like to point out that Reds Live was created for the newbies. If you can't tolerate newbies, please stay in the Sacred Old Red Guard Forum, or put the poster you don't like on ignore (like we used to have to do before we had all this power to punish people).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Everyone needs to grow up here. Time to end the Trojan War

I agree with everything you said. Especially about Reds Live.

I am glad to hear that Achilles has taken off the list (even though I wasn't too surprised to see the names on it: )

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 07-12-2005 at 07:26 AM.

Newb

I know us Newbs are hard to take sometimes. Thanks for the support. Dunn sucks

Newb

J/K I like Dunn.

I wanted to clarify to say that on Reds Live, you should expect to see things like 60 posts on the first day, etc. Please have patience. We were all newbies at one time.

Thanks.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I can't find a single post of on the baseball side that deserved a neg.
    I basically missed the entire weekend of posts in question. I haven't read much of the board lately, because I've been outside. I only negged what he decided to do with his signature, and I told him that.

Now I'm getting my own personal, insulting nastygrams via PM.

I'm not going to tolerate that from anyone.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

If he's going to keep that sig, it's going to continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    I agree with everything you said. Especially about Reds Live.

I am glad to hear that Achilles has taken off the list (even though I wasn't too surprised to see the names on it: )

Rem
    Hmmm... he still has it up. I did send him a PM on it. [in a nice way] asking him to take it down. We'll see what happens...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    If he's going to keep that sig, it's going to continue to grow.
    What a GREAT idea... negging people for their sigs... I have a few on my list already!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Kitty I am finding that signature a little offensive....

I dont wanna grow up and you cant make me..
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems.. ~Homer J Simpson~

Whatever, quite frankly, I don't think he's a new person at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Whatever, quite frankly, I don't think he's a new person at all.
    Do I detect a conspiracy....
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems.. ~Homer J Simpson~

He doesn't have internet access during the day. Give him until tonight (late) to change it.

I'm not going to argue who's right or wrong. IMO, both sides were immature. I just want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I think it's *Censored*.
    Dohh now I feel I had to censor it..

Well we know it isnt Dan O cause we wouldnt have seen a responce for a few days maybe months. It was way to fast a responce for him.

So you maybe on to something here.

It was just a stupid joke folks.. not a poster or former poster here.

Turn Off Ads?