Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Re: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

It's been forever since I have seen it, but i recall being particularly amused by the exchange with King Arthur:

What, just because you pulled a sword out of a rock doesn't make you my KING.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    It's been forever since I have seen it, but i recall being particularly amused by the exchange with King Arthur:

What, just because you pulled a sword out of a rock doesn't make you my KING.
    I thought it was something like, "just because some watery tart heaved a sword at you...."

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."

"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."

ah, i love this movie. i have probably literally watched it more than any other movie, and have not watched it enough. a favorite part of the movie? i could not begin to begin.

that said, one of my all time favorite lines from the Python Universe:
    "What is so funny about the name Biggus Diggus? You should know I have a vewy good fwend in Wome name Biggus Diggus."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Funny movie!
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 07-12-2005 at 03:53 PM.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

The castle guards:

S #1: Where'd you get the coconuts?
    A : We found them.
    S #1: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
    A : What do you mean?
    S #1: Well, this is a temperate zone.
    A : The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
    S #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
    A : Not at all. They could be carried.
    S #1: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
    A: It could grip it by the husk!
    S #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
    A: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here.
    S #1: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
    A: Please!
    S #1: Am I right?
    A: I'm not interested!
    S #2: It could be carried by an African swallow!
    S #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.
    S #2: Oh, yeah, I agree with that.
    A: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?!
    S #1: But then of course a-- African swallows are non-migratory.
    S #2: Oh, yeah...
    S #1: So they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway...

ARTHUR: If you will not show us the Grail, we shall take your castle by force!
    FRENCH GUARD: You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottom, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur King, you and all your silly English k-nnnnniggets. Thpppppt! Thppt!Thppt!
    GALAHAD: What a strange person.
    ARTHUR: Now look here, my good man--
    FRENCH GUARD: I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    GALAHAD: Is there someone else up there we could talk to?
    FRENCH GUARD: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!
    FRENCH GUARD #1: I didn't know we were French?
    FRENCH GUARD #2: Of course, why else do you think we are talking in this ridiculous accent?

FRENCH GUARD: How you English say, 'I one more time, mac, unclog my nose in your direction', sons of a window-dresser! So, you think you could out-clever us French folk with your silly knees-bent running about advancing behavior?! I wave my private parts at your aunties, you cheesy lot of second hand electric donkey-bottom biters.
    ARTHUR: In the name of the Lord, we demand entrance to this sacred castle!
    FRENCH GUARD: No chance, English bed-wetting types. I burst my pimples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing, you tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."

"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."

ah, i love this movie. i have probably literally watched it more than any other movie, and have not watched it enough. a favorite part of the movie? i could not begin to begin.

that said, one of my all time favorite lines from the Python Universe:
    "What is so funny about the name Biggus Diggus? You should know I have a vewy good fwend in Wome name Biggus Diggus."
    What was his friend's name...Himcontinenta Buttox?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    The castle guards:

Turn Off Ads?