Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Maryland's Head Coach Gary Williams makes a few new friends

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Maryland's Head Coach Gary Williams makes a few new friends

This photo isn't embarassing. Not in the slightest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Maryland's Head Coach Gary Williams makes a few new friends

Where did you find this?
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

An email forward from a friend who lives in the Maryland area

In ACC fanland, we've been having fun with that photo for a few days.

My favorite observation:

"That's clearly a photoshopped pic. If it was real, Gary would be looking at the blonde's, um, shirt, instead of at the camera."

Who took the photo, Larry Eustachy?
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I've gotten the munchies before just like everybody else, but it appears as though Gary has seen fit to gnaw off the top of a buttermilk biscuit.....
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

that, and if you look close, he appears to have left some of it on his lower lip. Presumably to be saved for a later encounter.

I think they're chicken wings.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

The scariest thing about this photo is the fact that Gary appears to be going out of his way to appear in it....

Man, that's embarrassing no matter how you slice it. But it should not be seen instantly as condemning IMO as he really was not doing anything wrong (that anyone can tell by the picture) in the picture - it was a bad picture and there are 2 decent looking girls beside him, not touching him, not in a state of undress, etc. However it seems an odd situation when looking into the background, to say the least.

I am a big "Gary Williams- the coach" fan. Hopefully he was not in a "wrong place" and this is just a bad (very very bad) picture.

Good line about Eustachy there Blimpie!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I saw that posted on a Kansas Jayhawks message board. I hope Bill Self doesn't have any lovely pics like this in circulation!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    I saw that posted on a Kansas Jayhawks message board. I hope Bill Self doesn't have any lovely pics like this in circulation!!
    Yeah, it's on the hoops forum at bucknuts as well....
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

More ACC coaches in trouble

Kansas: Williams approved gifts to graduating players

By DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer
    July 15, 2005
    LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Roy Williams violated NCAA rules as basketball coach at Kansas by approving payments to graduating players and others who had used up their eligibility, the school said Friday.

After conducting an internal review, the school said Williams -- now preparing for his third season at national champion North Carolina -- approved payments made by three representatives of the university's ``athletics interests.''

The school said Dana Anderson, Joan Edwards and Bernard Morgan gave cash and clothing to graduating student athletes and other players who had exhausted their eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

``Coach Williams and I discussed this matter some time in the past and will talk again after both of us have had a chance to review the report,'' North Carolina athletic director Dick Baddour said in statement issued Friday. ``Coach Williams has a long and distinguished record of running a program with integrity and within NCAA rules. His record for more than 25 years as a college coach clearly demonstrates that to be the case.''

Steve Kirschner, a spokesman for North Carolina, said Williams was on a recruiting trip Friday and would release a statement Saturday.

The violations, which Kansas reported to the NCAA last month, were among several involving the men's and women's basketball programs, and the football program, ending in 2003.

Most of the violations involved arranging for test preparation and transportation for prospective athletes. The school began its investigation on the same day athletic director Lew Perkins arrived on the job in June 2003.

The university, which put its athletic department on two years' probation, said the violations wouldn't carry any television or postseason sanctions, but would result in a reduction of scholarships in the football and women's basketball programs.

In a letter dated July 1, the NCAA told the university its staff was reviewing the self-report and conducting follow-up interviews. NCAA vice president David Price told the school the investigation was expected to be completed by the fall.

The men's basketball violation will be addressed through extra education about the rules regarding gifts. No other sanctions against the program are planned.

Updated on Friday, Jul 15, 2005 3:24 pm EDT

Email to a Friend | View Popular

Turn Off Ads?